SoS: January 9, 2017 - January 15, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you! And, thanks for donating it to the raffle!

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Oh man, is that a nice brush!

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20170111_182903.jpg

Prep: Occams crushed lime
    Razor: Gillette ball end tech
    Blade: Rapira SS
    Brush: RazoRock BC
    Soap: Perfectly Natural Hop 2 It Pachouli Grapefruit

Had a smooth shave this evening. Bit of trouble making a lather, and prefer their newer formula, but tons of slickness made for a nice shave. Finished off with Mickey Lee aftershave Milk which is loaded with good ingredients and moisturizing. Hope everyone had a great shave!

4. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

used the paa prismatic, great razor and lots of fun. very audible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

wow, thanks to those who "liked" my plan for tomorrow. I'm doing a slight change-my aftershave will be TSD Subzero(it's going to be a little too warm for anything resembling "leather". But it'll be good to break out this nice TSD after shave again.)

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod170112.JPG
    Thursday's
    zcws.gif

Dove Men Face Wash
    Jeeves of Hudson Street Cranberry Pomegranate
    Jayaruh #92
    PAA Bakelite Slant (first shave)
    Personna Super (34)
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    T.N. Dickinson's WH
    Florida Water

The Jeeves of Hudson Street Cranberry Pomegranate face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #92 synthetic brush. This was my first shave with the PAA Bakeliet Slant, and it went surprisingly well. No problems at all. It was also the 34th shave with this Personna Super blade. Two passes and touch ups with the PAA Bakelite Slant with a Personna Super blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with T.N. Dickinson's WH and then Florida Water Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Had a epic SOTD. First shave with The General Razor.. WOW what an amazing razor :) SOTD.jpg

9. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

01/12/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
    Lush Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Grackle DOC Razor with 1 Shim
    Personna Blue Comfort Coated Blade - 5th Shave
    Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic

IMG_4191.jpg

10. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

11. Smooth Steve

Thanks. I like it. It is a fun razor that encourages buffering.
    Steve.

12. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@Smooth Steve do you flip your DE blade for each shave count or you don't flip at all ????

13. Smooth Steve

I usually just leave it in the razor for the life of the blade. I rarely take it apart unless it got really messy, I will use a different razor, or the blade is dead. They typically last me 5 to 6 shaves. This one is a goner after this shave.
    Steve

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Happy Anniversary January!!

January 11

Mostly Shavettes

Razor - Magic Shavette
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum

Second day with the Magic and Racer blade. Again a great lather, of course given that it's Arko, and the first pass was uneventful. In fact, it was very smooth and comfortable. When I changed to my left hand I slowed down, watched angle, thought about every stroke and managed to finish the pass with no blood today. Used the same technique on the second pass working some XTG in and even a bit of ATG on the face. Finished with a nice DFS and I am actually quite pleased with how this little shaver handled.

The feel of the blade is similar to the DE feel in a Fatip with one minor difference. It seems like it's a bit less "dangerous feeling", even though it's just a blade without a guard. Something about being able to instantly adjust angle across an infinite arc makes finding the sweet spot very easy and comfortable. I expect as I try other blades this same way I'll find the same thing. A fun little experiment to kill a few days in January.

They're saying a major ice storm is on its way, though they've shifted the track slightly south so maybe we won't get the worst of it. It has been in the mid to high 60's the past two days but no more. I think I need to emphasize to @Bama Samurai that this kind of storm needs to either stay on the Colorado prairie, or he needs to route it further North to Iowa. Just name the bribe needed.

[​IMG]

15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I'm a day late posting this. Still on the road and day 6 of consecutive shaves with my C3. Once again, superb in every way. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Honig Shave Soap
    Simpson Case Best Badger
    Schick C3
    Schick (6)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm
    C3 AOS HASH SC AOS.JPG

Happy shaving everyone - Karl

16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 1/12/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A wonderful shave with the Schick N1 injector razor this morning loaded with a twin blade. Marvelous lather from the Stirling Electric Sheep shave soap. Excellent, slick, bountiful lather. Beautiful citronella and citrus scent. Three passes for a dolphin smooth refreshing finish. Have a great day friends. :)

17. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, here's today's SOTD;

1921 Gillette Old Type.
    Israeli Crystal blade.
    Simpsons Duke 2 pure badger brush.
    Caties Bubbles Spanish Holiday soap.
    Nivea post shave balm.
    Pinaud Clubman special reserve splash.
    4711 Cologne.

[​IMG]

Man, are those Crystal blades sharp! And this razor head, I think when it was prepped for plating it was buffed too much. Thus changing the blade gap. This is one extremely aggressive razor and blade combo. This Pocket Edition is the first complete restoration I did about two years ago. A local company plated it. The rest of the work was mine and my spouses. You should have seen it before I started. But anyway, about this shave, I tried to hurry because I took my oxygen cannula off to prevent me from nicking the hose with the razor. Unfortunately I was in too much of s hurry, and drew blood in three different places. But I did finish the shave with an SAS. Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone!! SOTD 01/12/17

'66 Gillette Super Speed
    Asco (3)
    VDH Boar
    TCD White Birch & Tobacco Shave Butter
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Old Spice A/S

A Delightful BBS Shave!!

Have Good Day Everyone!! DSCF1027.JPG