Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Borderboss, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

I didn't see a thread on this product, so I wanted to start one. I've always wanted to try a TOBS product. I've also wanted to try a lavender scented cream or soap, so I settled on the TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream.

This stuff is fabulous! The lavender scent is pretty light, which is probably for the best as it could be pretty overpowering. The quality and volume of the lather is outstanding. It whips up quickly and it's nice and slick. I used a scuttle to make warm lather and the warmth didn't seem to impact the creation of the lather.

This is a keeper for me.

[​IMG]

SharptoothC, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I have TOBS Sandalwood and Cedarwood on hand and really like it. The lavender is likely not my kind of scent, but I have never been disappointed by TOBS. Enjoy your shaves.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Demidog and Borderboss like this.
  3. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Lavender is one of my favorite scents. Never tried TOBS but will remember this and put it on my to try list.

Demidog likes this.
  4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Haven't tried TOBS yet myself but I have a newfound appreciation for creams. Not that I had a hard time lathering soaps, but I find creams to much easier to lather. Is the cream itself purple?

5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

The only creams I have ordered are TOBS and Captain's Choice. Both are excellent. I like the post shave feel on my skin better with soaps, but these two really perform well.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Demidog likes this.
  6. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

Yes, it's a light purple color. The lather is white though.

lightcs1776 and Demidog like this.
  7. Sergio Avalos

Sergio Avalos Member

TOBS Lavender is my favorite cream with their Lemon & Limes coming in second. I always had problems with foams around my nose, they nauseated me. Not so with TOBS. I really would like to find an aftershave that continues the Lavender theme.

Fas est et ab hoste docari

RyX and Demidog like this.
  8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

TOBS and Truefitt and Hill make the best creams out there. There are aot of good options, but I like tobs jermyn Street or avocado and T&H 1805 or Grafton.

Check them out.

Matt0210, Demidog and Borderboss like this.
  9. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I own TOBS Sandalwood and Eaton College. Both are great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I like TOBS.

It is hard to find (for a good price) but the French have Monsavon Bol A Rasor and it is a strong lavender scented croap.

11. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I love TOBS!!

I have the Sandalwood, Coconut and Peppermint and they're all fantastic smelling. I keep hearing great things about the Almond so that might be my next scent to try.

12. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Working on a tub of Lavender at the moment and Peppermint or Rose will be my next tub. T&h Trafalgar is one of the best smelling creams I've ever used

13. Borderboss

Borderboss Active Member

After a week of using this stuff, I still really love it. I'm really amazed at how little of the product makes a massive amount of thick, slippery lather. Very little makes enough lather for a thick covering during a three-pass shave. So while the initial cost seems high, at almost $15.00 from Amazon, you use so little of it that this stuff would probably last at least six months. Excellent!

Demidog likes this.
  14. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

I find the peppermint very refreshing.

15. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

A typical wonderfully lathering TOBS soap. The scent was a little strong for me. I have the Avocado and Cedarwood which are more to my liking. Happy to hear you are enjoying it.:D

16. Lavender is my favorite. Once I blow through Rose I will order another tub!

Sergio Avalos likes this.
  17. Sergio Avalos

Sergio Avalos Member

I was planning on getting the Rose after I finished the Lavender. Now I think I should have them both at the same time.

Cutthroat_trout likes this.
  18. Yes of course that is the best plan of action !

19. I am now reconsidering my prior remarks and think I should renew my acquisition of Lavender prior to the consumption of the current stock! Sergio you may be a bad influence !

20. Sergio Avalos

Sergio Avalos Member

Happy to oblige! I know you would do the same for me!

Cutthroat_trout likes this.