Poll: The brownie debate

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by soulshine, Sep 4, 2008.

?

What do you top a brownie with?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2008.
  1. Frosting - adding more chocolate goodness!

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Powdered Sugar - why bother?

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Nothing - definately in the minority I think.

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  1. (Clearing his throat in an authoritative manner),
    Oh, hello there. Maybe I can be of some help regarding toppings. I love brownies, but never order em in a bakery or restaurant. There's just so many variations that you never know what you're gonna get, so I don't try em. Yes, it's a cruel fate I've learned to live with..........heh.
    Anyway, for a chewy, fudge like brownie, I'd go with a thin layer of chocolate icing. For a cake like brownie, a dusting of powdered sugar will do the trick.
    You know, Sara Lee used to make some great frozen brownies....the dense fudgy type, with chocolate icing.
    Hope that helps,
    Martin
    (Lowers the monocle being held in right hand)

Actually, I DO have a recipe for a brownie..........the likes of which most of you have never tasted. Yeah, I know that's tough to believe, but you can try em yourself and tell me what you think. This was what my mom would make 50 years ago....no idea where she got the recipe.
    It's a cake brownie type..........light and kinda melts in your mouth. Just an amazing texture..........whew. I'll post that in the forum recipe section within the next day or so.

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Thinking about it.... The best brownis I've ever had were the little brownies that were 50 cents in the vending machines in middle school marked "fudge brownie" and had the little chopped almonds on it. They were thick and heavy and fudgy. Mmmmm, I miss those. But I was a little fatty back then.

3. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Actually I made these for my sons first birthday as well as some Baily's Chocolate Mousse. They ate the hell out of it.

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Heck with those. Give me a Funny Bone. ;)

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Nuttin like a warm moist brownie fresh from the oven. Nice crust on top with maybe a pecan. Nuttin else needed!

6. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

all of this talk about brownies force me to go buy some last night and have it with some ice cream and caramel topping.. Good stuff!

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Wish I could have some brownies right now.. but blast my losing weight!

8. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Nothing............

except:
    Haagen Dazs Vanilla ice cream.

Which is THE best dessert ever created. Thank you, very much

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

My Homemade Ice Cream destroys Haaden Dazs... ;)

10. rick

UM..........................never had it :taunt002

I expect to see your recipe posted soon, sonny :sihns011

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Frosting goes on cake ;)

12. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I'll just make a trip specifically to make it for you. Ice Cream Delivery.. :rofl

13. rick

If you hurry down you can go to Disneyland with us tomorrow...........my treat !!

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

:rofl:rofl Maybe next time.

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Dammit, now you tell me. :(

16. rick

HURRY !
    You can be down here in about 6 hours.
    Dinner, drinks, cigars and a nap and we're good to go !
    I'll leave the light on for ya.

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

OK, sure, just make it worse. :happy102

Let me deal with my Father-in-law flying back to Long Island tomorrow morning into TS Hannah and my wife's ischemic colitis attack which will probably end up being a trip to the ER tonight first. :eek:

I will get there some day! I'll even ride the bike down.

18. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Damn - in my unscientific poll unfrosted beat frosted by a large margin! :angry021 I notice a new recipe was posted too - thanks..I'll give that one ago this weekend.

19. Hi there,
    If you meant the recipe I posted, I'll be curious to see what you and the family think about em. They're the total opposite of heavy, chewy brownies (which I also like), and the texture can best be described as velvety. Hehe, there's sometimes an argument about adding nuts when I make em, since some people don't like em in brownies!! You believe that? Man...........they add both taste and texture.
    Anyway, I won't take it personally if you don't love them, but I think you'll be pleased.
    Martin

20. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

A scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream!:happy088