The ultimate 'wood' setup?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by daku, Sep 4, 2008.

1. daku

daku New Member

Er. That was unintentionally dirty.

Maybe it's been all the hiking lately and the fact that fall is coming in, people are laying down mulch etc. but I'm craving a woodsy/outdoorsy setup for soap/AS. I don't have much experience outside of a bit of lime and the reliable standby: old spice (as I can find it just about everywhere).

I'm curious if anyone has gone down this route (and there are MANY options) and how it turned out for them, if at all.

Cheers,

-pg

2. riffin

riffin Active Member

Go to an organic grocery, like Whole Foods and check the essential oils in the aromatherapy section. I like ambers and sandalwoods. The cider stings a bit on my face, but smells nice. Add a drop to your lather or AS stuff. Careful! A little EO goes a long way!

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

JoAnna makes a shave soap I haven't yet tried that might fit...it's called "Acorns and Rotting Leaves" - or something like that. :D

Edit: How clumsy of me...Welcome to TSD!!

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's called Oak Leaves and Acorns. :rolleyes:

It's a great autumn scent, not sure I'd call it "woodsy" though.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

What? :confused: I LOVE the smell of acorns and rotting leaves! Reminds me of Virginia in the Fall. Ok, so it's probably not the best name for marketing purposes.....;)

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You're looking for something with cedar, patchouli, bergamot & sandalwood.....

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

why smell like a tree? Thats the trees job.

8. daku

daku New Member

Nothing wrong like smelling like a tree

Grew up in a family of landscape architects. I have planted and ripped out pretty much every kind. Planting junipers used to give me vicious cravings for a gin and tonic.

I like the smell, to be honest.

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'll leave this to the experts. My tastes lean towards the citris side. Also check out the GFT sandalwood soap/cream.

And I think JoAnnas bay rum smell like pine trees. If your interested. But apparently I'm the only one who thought so.

10. riffin

riffin Active Member

I was going to say bay rum bring trees to my mind, even though I know it not. I really like Ogallala Bay Rum with Sandalwood AS.

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Vetiver.

call JoAnna now and git some

12. xChris

xChris Member

Items with cypress or cypriol EO will also have a woodsy scent.

Jean (My Time Bath & Body) and Charles (QED) have products with these in them.

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome to TSD! :D

Hmm, maybe you would like L'Occitane Cade.....I believe it has a Juniper scent to it ;)

Not all that woodsy, but very nice nonetheless :happy005

14. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Been in the mood for some woodsy scents the past few weeks myself. Found that DR Harris Marlborough soap and aftershave are amazing. Don't know why I didn't try this stuff sooner. The aftershave has a very nice cedar scent to it.

Guess I need the cologne now :ashamed001