How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, it's interesting how much circumstance changes things. Galveston could have gone another couple of hundred years without a direct hit Category 4 hurricane. It's like a "Black Swan" event, you can't plan for what you don't expect. Sometimes all the planning in the world can't make up for pure dumb luck (good or bad).

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm a little nervous. I have some fluid around my right knee-that's the one that had the replacement. Later today I am going to the doctor to get the fluid drained. As I have never had this done, I don't know what to expect.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sounds worse that it is... empty syringe inserted into your knee and fluid drawn out using the syringe plunger. Fluid then sent for analysis to check for possible infection. Probably nothing to worry about, but fingers crossed for you anyhow.

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks for the info. That makes me feel better about it.

Erik Redd likes this.
  5. richgem

Glad I can help. :)

Sara-s likes this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

What he said. It will feel better after it is out, so think positive.

Sara-s likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm back from the doctor. The process was pretty benign, though my knee is a bit sore now. It's not in agony, but I am keeping some ice on it & resting for now.

Update- it's now Tuesday morning. I'm still a little sore, but less so. I have noticed that my right leg holds my weight better, especially on the stairs. I have an idea of why. The pool of fluid was not in the knee joint, but on my thigh, just above it. I suspect it was putting pressure on my quadriceps (the large thigh muscles that extend your knee). Having relieved the pressure, the muscle can work more effectively. I can't be sure that's true, but I am sure it's plausible.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  8. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Hey.

macaronus likes this.
  9. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Busy. And my dog bit my thumb yesterday and I think it's gonna end up infected.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I finally saw the sun today, I was starting to think I needed to get the raft out. :sad029:

Sara-s likes this.
  11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well I signed on my first SEO link building client a few days ago! I'm stoked! :) Only 2.5 months after being mentored by one of the world's best link builders, I am making money!

Now that my link building business is taking off, I was thinking of getting a Chromebook. The Acer 11 (2016) to be exact. Everything I do is online, through Google docs.
    Any thoughts on them? I just need something portable that has online access for when I travel (which is always more than I care to do).

Oh! My brain surgery has been moved to mid March, and is no longer mid April! Yay! I'm gonna be fixed soon!

But yeah, let me know about the Chromebooks. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

macaronus, swarden43 and richgem like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Another day closer! :bounce015:

lradke likes this.
  13. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Boring. I work from home 4 days a week and usually out in the field by 9. Thursdays are the only day I'm required to be in the office for 2 hours for a safety meeting unless I'm on call. On call I have to run the 1.5 hours to the office to lock up after everyone leaves on Friday. Well they rescheduled the safety meeting to today and I'm on call so I'm stuck in the office all day.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

14. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

All's quiet in The Hole. Retirees pestering me yesterday with their incessant beeping (intercom), but so far, today has been peaceful. Makes for a long day without having folks to rag on. Better than the alternative, though. Best thing is, no one's been (really) stupid. Yet. But it's still early.

15. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I'm still alive and well guys! Working myself to the bone. DapperJr turns THREE YEARS OLD tomorrow. Woooooo! I'm about to get another promotion at my Australian themed steakhouse

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

macaronus and Intrigued like this.
  16. richgem

Well... welcome back stranger! Glad to hear all the good news. I can't believe the little guy is about to be 3. Happy birthday to him! Pictures are needed.

macaronus likes this.
  17. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Once I get a better phone I will. It's been an insane journey. I've missed you guys.

macaronus and richgem like this.
  18. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Where is our fierce minion leader and our friend with the printer?

19. richgem

We've missed you too.

20. richgem

Mike is around, but not as much ... he's back to work and working crazy shifts and volunteering at a train museum (learning how to stoke engines) in his spare time.

Intrigued likes this.