SoS: February 20, 2017 - February 26, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thanks Guy! :)

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Actually only one explanation:
    IMG_1262.PNG

ram57, clint64, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I would say it took me around thirty to be pretty comfortable, and it was around 45-50 that I started getting really good shaves that didn't take a half an hour or were marred by bloodletting. I still can't nail them as perfectly as with a safety razor, but it's coming. I am mainly lacking consistency at this point, I guess.

ram57, clint64, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

ram57, clint64 and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Sounds about right. Open Blade requires practiced fine motor control. Three consecutive thirty day rule exercises with traditional SR gave me the foundation to shave with anything. It's simply a matter of routine and repetition.

ram57, Smooth Steve, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Good! Nothing like a little 100 level college physics on a Sunday Morning. Coffee? ;)

ram57, clint64, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Actually my wife and I just got back from lunch. Full stomach helped. It sort of looks like golf club physics.

8. Bama Samurai

I am about to head out with Mrs. Samurai for the afternoon. I won big in life; she likes pork BBQ and live NBA. I might keep her.

ram57, clint64, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You are a lucky man just like me. :)

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You did hit the lotto.

Isn't that awesome how we score sometimes? My wife opted for less wedding ring so that we could buy a boat. Twenty years later she is still my best fishing buddy.

When you find a woman who is happy to go on primitive camp/fishing trips for her vacations and doesn't need to be brought back to shore every couple of hours, you had best not waste any time putting a ring on her finger.

jtspartan, ram57, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Everyone (almost!) refers to my wife and I as Beauty and the Beast because she's a beauty and I'm............well, maybe not a beast but.............

ram57, alfredus, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  12. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Bostonian (Canada) Razor
    Voskhod Blade
    Made Rite 15 Boar Brush
    My Orange Menthol Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave

My fifth and final shave with this blade for two passes and some touch up and still it produced a very nice BBS shave.

unspecified (1).jpg

14. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

C V Heljestrand MK31
    As the Brush Turns "Cheerwine" Boar Brush
    Mike's Natural Soaps
    Myrsol Metilsol

DSCF5903.jpg

15. Bama Samurai

True story: I met my wife in an underground Denver poker game. I noticed she never spoke to the other players during the game, and never went on prolonged bad streaks. She would approach me during breaks and instead of telling me hard luck stories about her losses, she wanted to talk statistical probability and mathematical expectation...

After a time, (I had floorside seats at the time), I was attracted to her and wanted to impress a bit asked her if she'd like to go grab dinner at the arena steakhouse and see a game and talk poker and life for a couple hours. She accepted, but confessed she didn't truly understand the game. Within a week, she bought books about the rules and philosophy of basketball, and read every word. I was amazed....to this day she sits and complains about the Nugs insane salary cap issues and lack of offensive pace. I have a wife that's read "The Jordan Rules." How awesome is that? She's one of a kind, she had to be my wife!

Sixth row for the Griz today, and since it's the Internet, I will post a pic from near the floor!

jtspartan, ram57, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  16. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

17. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

Sunday shave!
    [​IMG]

A little Catie's Bubbles stalagmite action! LOL
    [​IMG]

...and since I'll be meeting the lady friend for lunch...this scent... should pair well with the soap and after shave above...
    [​IMG]

18. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Thank you

19. Bama Samurai

And now!! The usual friendly Sunday reminder:

This thread wraps up tonight, and will close for the transition to a new thread for a new week. @crackstar has a new thread up and running, join in the conversation here:

SoS: February 27, 2017 - March 5, 2017

Have a great Sunday afternoon!

ram57, alfredus, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Friends,

here is my Morning-Shave:

[​IMG]
    Razor: Feather Professional Artist Club SS // Blade: Feather Professional // Soap: PannaCrema Vetiver // Brush: Mühle 23mm Synthetic // Aftershave: CH Pitralon

Very fine shave. The PannaCrema is scentwise not a typical Vetiver scent, but nevertheless i love it. It has something "special" to my. Pairs very good with the Swiss Pitrolon.

I have to break in my new pipe now. It´s a Rossi 320 Vulcano. Tomorrow i will post a pi oc of this beauty in the "Pipe of the Day" Thread.

Have a great time, enjoy your shaves and take care.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.