Stara 908? Anyone familiar?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by FlightMedic, Mar 10, 2017.

1. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I found a very nice looking STARA #908 in a local shop today but I cannot find any information about it online. The blade is stamped "Made in Germany" and "STARA 908" and it has the box but google is coming up blank.

Any thoughts? Is it worth trying out or has the internet forgotten it for a reason.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    SRNewb, DaltonGang and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

That's a Nice Example of a German SR..There were Many Brand Names that are Not as Well Known as Some..But..German Vintage Razors Typically Hone Up & Shave Very Well Indeed..To Muddy the Waters Further Many German or Solingen SR Companies Used Multiple Brand Names..As Many as a Dozen or Sometimes More..:)

Billy..:chores016:

DaltonGang likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Hone it up. If it shaves well, it was worth it. Depending on what you paid.

If you really want to confuse yourself, try finding out the histories of French razors.

SRNewb and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Looks like it's in really good shape to the ones in the shops around here. How much are thsy asking for it?

Billyfergie likes this.
  5. FlightMedic

They want $20, they have a Dubl Duck Satinedge for $20 as well but it's seen better days and has some serious hone wear.

Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  6. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

I would jump on it for 20$
    For kind of money you can't find a rusty butter knife here, let alone a nice SR like this

SRNewb, Billyfergie and Spyder like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I would be all over that one.

Billyfergie likes this.
  8. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    :rah:

Billy..:chores016:

SRNewb and mrchick like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It looks good, for $20. Can you send a pic of the Dubl Duck?? That might be an even better deal.

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. FlightMedic

So I picked it up and will be getting it honed soon. The seller has another Dubl Duck he will be putting out this week so I will try to check back and post photos of the Ducks if they're still there.

twhite and Spyder like this.