The Haul: March 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarrsky

Navarrsky Well-Known Member

NOS Filarmonica EPBD 8/8
    [​IMG]

Jim99, Sparrow, Hodge and 16 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

In the mail this morning:
    [​IMG]
    I will be re-homing these razors:
    Schick Krona Silver Tip, Schick Krona Black Tip, E1 Fatboy, M4 Slim, NDC 48-50 Superspeed, J5 Flare Tip, L1 Flare Tip, Schick E3 Injector, Gem Featherweight
    Schick K1 Pink Lady Ever-sharp Injector (Hydro-Magic), Schick E3 Injector

And for my collection:
    A Cased Gold Ever-Ready 1912
    [​IMG]

Jim99, Sparrow, brit and 18 others like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I happened into a shop the other day that (from the exterior) didn't appear to be an antique store but rather a consignment store geared to ladies. It turned out that down in the basement there were a few antique/second-hand vendors and I came home with a couple of treasures.

Both came from the same vendor and both were labeled "Shaving Set $10"

First is a Seaforth mug and a worn out StrongSet brush. The mug has one small nick on the inside of the lip but the finish is excellent and the label is all there. I thought $10 was a fair price for a Seaforth mug with an (almost completely) intact label.

004.JPG

Next up was an Old Spice American Glass Early 01, a worn out Ever Ready brush, and a 1956 deodorant jar. $10 is a fair price for an Early 01 but I've got several of them so I might have left it had it not been for the deodorant jar. The only deodorant jar I had acquired previously was the 1952 version and the prices for these things on EBay is more than I want to pay so I considered this to be a steal.

002.JPG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Jim99, Sparrow, brit and 16 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Re-homing. I like that.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The Schick Dial is a great adjustable. The Atra may be the best of all the cartridge shavers.

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks. That was very helpful. I'm just not sure about which blade gap but I guess the only way to know for sure is to pick one. As far as handles, I'm sure you sold a few with that write-up!

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very cool. I have the same Seaforth mug. It's display only as I have heard it doesn't take much soaking to ruin the label.

ob1page, RaZorBurn123 and John Beeman like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Thanks, Steve. This is my second one and now that I'm looking at the photo I posted and comparing with my other mug, I can see that the tip of the "t" and the "h" are missing.
    I've noticed the same problem with the aftershave/talc/cologne bottles of the same vintage.
    I've picked up some of their later bottles and the logo appears to be painted on and seems to be much more durable.
    I've yet to pick up one of the later mugs but mostly because I'm too cheap to pay the going online auction price so I'm keeping my eye out locally.

ob1page, RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  9. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to shaving with the Dial and its injector goodness. That Atra handle is great - beautiful, and just the right shape and weight. I've used my other one but only with the lube strip blades. I haven't looked hard enough to find the plain blades, but that's what I'd like.

ob1page, Jayaruh and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Outstanding day of treasure hunting!! I've never seen the deodorant jar before. Very cool.:happy088:

John Beeman and ob1page like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Another project.
    Philadelphia Works 13/16th Barbers Notch Wedge.
    Phillidelphia Works.JPG

Jim99, Sparrow, Hodge and 9 others like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Very cool. Is the back scale broken?

DaltonGang likes this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yes, but possibly repairable. If not, I figured it's a good candidate for new scales. At $9.50, it was a roll of the dice. The edge looks real clean and there isn't much hone wear.

ob1page likes this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I would have jumped on it. It looks like it has a lot of potential. Have fun!

DaltonGang likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

ok, thanks.

ob1page likes this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    My Surgical Black Arkansas Stone Arrived Today from the USA..Lovely Stone..I Lapped it Up to 1000 Grit & Chamfered the Edges ..It was Flat when I Got it..I Am Over the Moon..Time to Play..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Jim99, Primotenore, Sparrow and 11 others like this.
  17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Nice! I dig my flattie.

clint64 and RyX like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am really digging this one as well. I wish I would have gotten a Flat Top sooner.

stingraysrock and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Avon score
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Just stopped by one of my haunts. Lo and behold my first Avon scores with AS still in them.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim99, RyX, Primotenore and 7 others like this.
  20. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Another New Forest Tubby brush.[​IMG]
    My collection totals seven now. The knot on this one is incredible and comparable to the Thater or Shavemac I own.

RyX, Primotenore, Sparrow and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.