How Many Different Blades Did You....

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by poppi, Sep 28, 2008.

1. harry

harry New Member

Ive only started out, tried so far ..... Derby,Feathers, Murkur, Silver blues and Sharps , probably the silver blues are the best for me at the momment, but looking forward to trying swedes .

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Tried the entire WCS..plus Astra, merkurs, and some Brazilian Gillette. Strictly use Red Personnas now. sold off the rest and happy as hell now. No more deciding which blade to use for the week:)

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Dont worry about Raf too much, monkey.
    Lack of Velva can make a man angry::kar

Derbys and Feathers for me.
    End of Story

4. ktulu64

ktulu64 New Member

Well, I now have to go back through my collection of blades and try a few in the Fat Boy that were only tried in the Slim... thanks shavingidiot savant :think001

(it really should have occurred to me that there might be some difference in the performance between the razors - if there wasn't, I woul not have a preference for the Fat Boy in the first place)

let the experimenting begin (or continue, as the case may be)

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

It didn't take me too long. Used Merkurs, a few Derby, then once I tried Feather I never went back.

I try a few different ones here and there as a test, but always go back to Feathers... uncorked of course :happy088

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

One.

I purchased a box of 100 Derby blades and I was determined to learn proper technique with them. I didn't think switching blades every few shaves would be good for my face.

I'm sure there may be better options out there, but I'm getting good results from the Derby's (with an Aristocrat) and see no reason to keep branching out.

7. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

That's the same approach I took. When I first started I got a sample pack and it seemed like every time I tried a new blade I'd tear my face up so I stuck with Derby's for about a year. I didn't start experimenting with different razor & blade combos until about 2 months ago.

Now I am starting to find better blades. For me, Sharp Stainless blades in a 40s Super Speed shave like none other. The aluminum ball end tech with a feather come close, but not quite. Derby's have moved down the chain and I actually traded 40 of them...

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm on my 5th blade in my '57 flair tip SS and don't think I've found "the" blade. I'm going through sample pack #2 from Razor and Brush after learning on US Personnas; I'm on the Durasharp Stainless right now. So far, the Treet blades have been the best, but don't last long (2-3 shaves). I'm hoping either the Treet Platinums or one of the higher end blades that are toward the end of the suggested sampling order will give the kind of shave I had with the Durasharp Carbon but last for 4-5 shaves instead of 1 great shave and 1 OK shave. I'm also hoping I don't have any more experiences like the Tiger blades - it felt like a tiger tried to shave me with its claws :eek: :angry017

9. harry

harry New Member

:happy102 very funny