SoS: April 3, 2017 - April 9, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

That is really a beautiful razor. It looks like it is brand new to boot! It looks really mild from what I can see of the gap in the photo. How does it shave?
    Steve

Shave Monkey and clint64 like this.
  2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Perfect photo. Very nice!
    Steve

clint64 and Boojum1 like this.
  3. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

Thursday shave...
    [​IMG]

Redrock, jimjo1031, Bobcat and 19 others like this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thank you Steve! :happy088:

clint64 and Smooth Steve like this.
  5. Vesalio

Vesalio Well-Known Member

Shaving of the day. The proraso a mid-range soap but, the finest badger brush in aluminum handle by Alfredo Miguel, the Japanese Handcrafted Razor 6/8 I always enjoy it, we close with the Williams aqua velva sport and the Coty wild citrus cologne, simple to citrus , very light, does not last long, dominates the aqua velva that prolongs moderately, make a good match for the heat.
    [​IMG]

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

6. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you for your kind words, Andrew.
    Regarding the LS/MS brushes, they are, possibly, the best value in badger brushes that I have ever seen in my six years of wet shaving and the many, many, too many in fact, brushes that I have used.
    For around $50 shipped for a 30+mm knot with a good quality handle and very nice hair, it is definitely worth the investment. I have three of them and they are a pleasure to use and I keep gravitating towards them for my shaves. I have only tried the 2-Band Finest knots as I much prefer the stronger backbone and the more resilient shafts of hair as opposed to the 3-Band variants.
    I think I might get two stand-alone knots to have them set into custom handles, soon. :)

7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you for your kind words. :)

8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Mühle R41//Gillette Silver Blue//@twhite Tom White B-Chub Ubersoft II//Soapmakers of Awesometown//Chatillon Lux Fourth and Pine[​IMG]

9. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

4/7/2017
    SOTN

☆Lady Eversharp injector type K1☆
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod170407.JPG
    Friday's "Anything But Gillette" DE Shave
    zcws.gif

Dove Men Face Wash
    Col. Conk Lime
    Jayaruh TSD Challenge Boar
    Acevivi Dual-comb
    Asco Super Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Florida Water

The Col. Conk Lime Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh TSD Challenge Boar brush. I did two passes the Acevivi Dual-comb razor and Asco Super Stainless blade, and I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Arko Adjustable April!!!!!

April 6

Razor - 1962 (H1) Gillette Slim (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Alum

Final day with the Lord Super Stainless and the Slim is wide open. Arko and the Wolf always produces a great lather. I really enjoy the feel of the Silvertip as it splays nicely and really whips lather up in no time at all. Comparing it to the synthetics - they also produce a lather very quickly, and a nice one at that, they don't splay as much if at all and.....the synthetics seem to load better from the face lather. Both the JR46 and WCS synthetics had enough lather in them after three passes to do at least two more passes easily. After three passes on the Wolf there was maybe enough for one more pass but nothing extra beyond that.

Nice three pass for the baby tonight. A bit surprising how well this blade performed all the way through the gap progression. No worse than near-BBS and the baby showed up with no blood and very little alum burn tonight. Clearly a blade I won't mind having around. I'm going to switch to the Classic SS tomorrow and see if it does any better but it will be tough to beat this one. I may stick with the Lord brand for awhile as well to try them all out. I know I tried the Platinum before with less than stellar results but I'm always up for a revisit.

I have a lot of catching up to do. Busy day at work taking beds off the floor that are shipping as floor models. It's that time of year. Buy 'em cheap while we switch out inventory! Tomorrow I have four replacements coming in that will have to be floored. Then four more next week, then another 5 or 6 before we hit May. At least I'm getting my exercise! Have a great Friday tomorrow!!!

One week down in April - it's getting closer!

[​IMG]

12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Barrister and Mann Petrichor
    Blackland Blackbird black oxide razor
    Gillette silver blue
    Wolf Whiskers synthetic brush
    Suribachi Japanese bowl
    Sampling spoon

IMG_20170406_232408.jpg

13. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Still traveling in Thailand (photos http://tinyurl.com/latgdrr )

Blackbird/Halo/Voskhod :: Envy DFS SilverTip :: Gentlemen's Refinery

14. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir!

The RazorGuy

PickledNorthern and clint64 like this.
  15. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone! SOTD 04/07/17

'59 Gillette Fatboy (set on 7)
    Dorco St 300 (2)
    Erskine 3103 Boar
    Williams
    Cold Water Rinse, Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman A/S

A BBS TGIF Shave!

Have A Great Day Everyone! DSCF1203.JPG

16. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
    Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
    Blade: Voskhod (1)
    Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
    Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lime
    Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

17. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Petrichor on a soggy day
    It rained all day yesterday and it's still very wet outside. B-M did a good job with this scent - it's subtle and pleasant to my nose, and true to its purpose. My wife agreed that this is a very good rendering of the after the rain scent. The performance was excellent and my face feels smooth and comfortable.
    Prep: Chattilon Lux butter
    Soap: B-M Petrichor
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Futur
    Blade: voskhod
    AS: B-M Petrichor
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

April 7, 2017​
    Wolfman WR1 OC​
    Feather (2)​
    Doug Korn DK7 with Druida Manchurian​
    Nuavia Rossa​
    [​IMG]

19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fri. 4/7/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magnificent shave with the PAL Injecto-Matic this morning. Three passes for a dolphin smooth and refreshing finish. Enjoy your day friends. :)

20. mathiashellsing

mathiashellsing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Hot water
    Soap: Tabac
    Brush: Maggards Synthetic 24mm
    Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable / Voskhod

... yesterday I got a mail call with Tabac & MWF soap and had to try the tabac out. Wow! Love the stuff. EdC was -just- a touch different scent to make it a match made in heaven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.