Hittin' the road and the wife says........

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by McGrande, Apr 6, 2017.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I've lucked out. My wife is supportive and a little entertained by my routine.

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I just returned from a two-week trip with my Bride. We went on a cruise and wanted to be up and about early each morning. My daily set up included a Trac II, Kiss My Face cream applied brushless, and unrefined shea butter for the finish. It was quick, and the shaves were great. On most trips, through, I take a DE, brush, and all the goodies.

Enjoy the trip with your Bride, and congrats on being married for 46 years! We should all be following your lead and taking advice from you. :happy088:

We like staying in B&Bs as well. Good times!

Boojum1, Keithmax and mrchick like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I believe he meant for you to live in, parked under a bridge down by the river, when your wife tosses you out of the house.

4. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

North Carolina and Tennessee should be lovely this spring. Your trip sounds like fun to me! I like shaving with my "skeleton" travel gear. Unless I'm going to be gone a month or less, I'm happy with a BiC disposable. I usually use a shaving stick and small synthetic brush, rather than the aerosol, but canned shaving cream is OK -- it just doesn't win over stick and brush for me, but the foam is undeniably convenient.

Anyway, have a great trip and enjoy the travel shaving experience!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Keithmax, wristwatchb and mrchick like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy088:

Bama Samurai and John Beeman like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

This is why when I leave on my multi week cross country road trip next month - it will be SOLO! Just me, my razor, and Patsy Cline. My wife says it hurts her teeth thinking about the way I travel. Not the shaving but my ability to drive all day without stopping and not knowing or caring where I will end up at the end of each day.

Shaver X, John Beeman and Keithmax like this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

9. RetLEO-07

wristwatchb likes this.
  10. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Maybe you could let your wife shave you while you are on vacation.
    Then she would be the one to determine how long it takes and whether or not it is a stupid routine.

Might be an interesting experiment.

mrchick and Keithmax like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

And the cannoli.

You can use a shave stick and a injector and get just as quick a shave as with the goo and cart. Your a better man then me. I would have put my foot down. Maybe that is why mine divorced me. Hummmmm

Boojum1 and Keithmax like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Call me Sgt. Schultz.

13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

" Leave the gun - take the Cannoli" I recently watched a God Father marathon.

Boojum1, jtspartan and Keithmax like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A favorite quote of mine

Keithmax and Col C like this.
  15. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

that makes sense - thanks for enlightening me - sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.

We were on a vacation with a recently widowed friend a couple of years ago and part way through the trip my wife suddenly became more tolerant of minor issues. I think our friend noticed something and gave some sage advice (of which I benefited). I wait patiently while she shops for clothes and she waits patiently while I shave.

16. RetLEO-07

Razor sharp steel in my wife's hands on my neck? Ah no.

John Beeman likes this.
  17. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Driving down to Blowing Rock this Sunday. Looking at some houses in Lenoir, Morganton & Bakersville. Then over to Greeneville, TN for a couple more.

BTW, tried the Day Logic this AM. No way is it a time saver. Had to go over & over & over to get close to a DFS. Actually it was a DFS (Darn Frustrating Shave).

wristwatchb and PLAla like this.
  18. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen! I sleep with one eye open. Don't want to arm the enemy! :shocked003:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    EnglishChannel likes this.
  19. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

This is why you need to marry a Sicilian woman like I did. If she complains about how long it takes for me to shave, I just complain about how long it takes for HER to shave!!!

We both have to shave regularly :)

20. RetLEO-07

Bring the DE. Leave the Day Logic.

EnglishChannel likes this.