Mixed Hair Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Zykris, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I was wondering about mixed hair brushes. Specifically, I have three in mind. wp_ss_20170424_0001.png This is a horse boar mix.
    wp_ss_20170424_0003.png This is a horse badger mix.
    wp_ss_20170424_0002.png And last but not least is a boar badger mix.

I seriously have a brush acquisition problem right now. LOL! Any info or opinions is appreciated. Thanks!

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Not a fan of horse hair, so I cannot speak on the Vie Long offerings. I have had a Vulfix 404 and also got one for my father. The knot is underwhelming. Both of the ones I bought were thin and shed. The handle was nice, but not the knot so much. If you can find a mixed knot Semogue (Badger & Boar), I would get it. They are my favorite of the mixed knot brushes. Unfortunately, they are not regular production items and are only made every so often.

Good luck.

Zykris likes this.
  3. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

I've had the 04102 Gonzalo for a few years now and love it. I was excited to see it at the top of your list! I bought it on a lark because I wanted to try something different and the price was extremely right. It has a fair amount of backbone but fills up with lather and is, for me, equally at home bowl-lathering and face-lathering. The handle is comfortable, the brush hasn't lost more than a few bristles, and I haven't had any of the tangling issues reported in some pure horse brushes.

Zykris likes this.