April 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2017.

?

Are you using a theme for April? And - which adjustable if you're going there?

1. Arko baby!!!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Arko and an adjustable - even better!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Fatboy

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Slim

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Black Beauty

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Futur

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Soviet Ideal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Soviet Consul

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Schick Adjustable

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. No theme - just me, my razor and some COOKIES!

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I use just plain ole dollar sto witch hazel usually. The scent is nothing to rave about but it does not linger. I have some Dickerson now that is nice, and I have used Thayers. They all work good for a clean up pass.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I wish you much luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Drygulch, wristwatchb and clint64 like this.
  3. SharptoothC

It's been a rough few days and that's no lie. Some dear friends of mine (both former youths in my youth group) had their second child on Tuesday, and he was born with a severe heart defect. He passed away this morning. He made it 62 hours on this Earth. He was missing so much of his heart there was nothing they could do. And there was nothing I could do for them. They've asked me to sing at his funeral, which is an honor, but I don't know how I will make it through. It's really hit me hard.

Then I had another kid at school get his backpack and phone stolen. When he asked for it back, the kid sucker punched him and jumped on him. The teacher watched the whole thing go down and at no point intervened. When he realized no help was coming, he finally fought back and was suspended for it. He got the exact same punishment as the kid who stole his property and attacked him. Where is the common sense in this? Administration has told me that policy is simply to let your attacker wail on you until done so as not to escalate the situation. I am buying my youth a free meal of his choice for coming out on top in the end.

Then I came home to a broken faucet and spent the rest of the night working on it. I'm sitting out on the front stoop just to breathe for a few minutes. I think I am going for a 2am shave just to try and get away for a few minutes and feel like I have some control over something.

Now that I have vented, let me try and briefly catch up the last couple days. Shaves have been courtesy of Stirling Baker Street (which has become a favorite), Godrej shave cream (actually a very nice surprise when in a hurry), and Stirling Arkadia. The Slim, the Super Speed, and the Aristocrat all did their jobs well. I did happen upon a 1956 Super Speed on my lunch break is cleaning up nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Super Speeds are really becoming favorites of mine. I now have a 40's, a 50's and a 60's, all in good shape. The new one is getting a go tonight.

Hug your kids tightly tonight, fellas.

ob1page, Drygulch, jtspartan and 11 others like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I love those mrchick shopping experiences. They have worked well for me

5. mrchick

$14.00 a pound.

6. mrchick

I am so sorry to hear you had such a day. Anything involving children can be very troubling. Praying for all involved.

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Saturday Shave

Took out the J West, some vintage Old Spice shaving soaps and went to work. The J West has a number of shaves on it and it showed, the blade felt a little rough and not as sharp. All the past shaves it had been very smooth and very sharp. It will get touched up tomorrow.

I had several small weepers and feedback from the alum, surprisingly I finished with a very smooth face. I guess the blade was still sharp.

Irritation B Closeness A Smoothness B Sharpness A
    ID - 1.jpg

8. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I am sorry to hear about your horrible week. I will pray for strength, comfort and guidance for you and everyone involved in both situations.

It sounds like your friends find some comfort from knowing that you are there for them and are hoping that may help them deal with the funeral and its aftermath. I would say not to worry too much about "making it through" if by that you mean worrying about showing emotion -- honest grief is nothing to be ashamed about.

Regarding the other youth, I would say to tell him that this simply shows that sometimes you have to stand up for yourself, defend yourself, and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, he may be being suspended unjustly for awhile; on the other hand, any thieving bullies will think twice before ever picking on him in the future, because they know he will fight if pushed.

You might also tell him that: "Reputation is what others know or say about you; honour is what you know about yourself."

I have always considered it significant that the US Marine Corps Hymn talks about keeping their honor clean, not their reputation.

Anyway, I will pray for all concerned (including that teacher and the thief...)

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sorry to hear the day was rough. I remember in school the thought was if I fight back I get sent home.....so make it count. My mom would have paid a visit to a teacher that just watched by the way.

10. SharptoothC

Oh, the parents met with the administration, to little avail. Policy is, if you fight, whether defending yourself or not, it is an automatic suspension. Ridiculous.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

One of my thoughts on living is that what is right is not aways easy,but you make your stand anyway. I agree the next bully down the line will think twice. The youngster should be proud he stood up for himself..

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

13. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I've been busy working as a welder 63 hours a week.

All my shaves for the past month and a half have been the same.

(1st pass) WTG CJB pain stick/Dorco Barber's Blade
    (2nd pass) ATG Schick type G/Schick blade
    Tabac stick
    Whipped Dog 20mm synthetic
    Nivia cooling aftershave balm

Rub the stick on my face and face lather. Then since I'm growing both mustache and goatee a nice neck and cheek shave 2 passes. I just realized that I haven't changed the blades since I started using this setup so day 40-50? Still smooth with no tugging on either razor.

Drygulch, Linuxguile, mrchick and 8 others like this.
  14. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Oh and out of boredom I dyed my hair a darkish purple and the weld arc is bleaching it in fun ways so now my head looks a bit like one of those unicorn frappuccinos that Starbucks just had.

Drygulch, Linuxguile, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

What a rough few days. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and you. I can only imagine the sense of loss involving a child. They are fortunate to have a friend like you to help them through the funeral.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

April 29, 2017
    Wolfman Ti WR1 (.74) OC with Hempel Ti
    Feather (2)
    “Amigos” Elite Ironwood Beehive with Envy White
    Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
    Folsom & Co. Shambala

[​IMG]

With no need mess with success I went with a 2 pass shave followed my minimal touch ups that ended in a near BBS shave. I finished up with a splash of Folsom & Co. Shambala. I hope everyone has great Saturday.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Chris, I am so sorry. Prayers for your dear friends and for you too, my friend.

Drygulch, mrchick, Screwtape and 3 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

Mark, welcome back! Sounds like you have been very busy. It is good to hear from you.

I can't help you much here, Mark. I think @clint64 dyes his hair all different colors, so I'll let him comment. :happy102:

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Can't help much unless we are talking gray:D

20. wristwatchb

I can relate, Clint. :rofl:

Enjoy your weekend, and try to get a ride in. It rained buckets here in The Bluegrass last night. Looks like we're in for more today.

Drygulch, SharptoothC and clint64 like this.