SoS: May 1, 2017 - May 7, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Pretty cool picture Clint. Have a good day. :happy088:

Tim Spencer and clint64 like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

Robyflexx and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 5/4/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful shave with the Schick Hydro Disposable this morning. Three passes for a dolphin smooth and refreshing finish. Enjoy your day friends. :)

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

If I was any more BBS I'd be as smooth as my wife and daughter - that's how great this shave was. I was enjoying the Sharp Dressed Man's scent and lather so much that I went for a third XTG pass and that really completed the job. That soap...........I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. It has a somewhat slightly different scent than the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo, besides the lack of menthol but they're both obviously very similar - after all, the Sharp Dressed Man "lent" its scent to the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo but with this one you get the full Green Irish Tweed picture. I swear that even after this third pass I could have continued lathering up by I decided three passes were more than sufficient. I used a new balm from England called Nip Men which smells very nice and has a pretty good cooling sensation and excellent soothing. :happy088: :happy088:

Wishing you great shaves and a wonderful day! :)

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

:signs154:

6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_0170.JPG

May 4 SOTD:

Omega Boar Brush
    Maggards London Barber Shop
    Gem Featherweight
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Maggards London Barber Shop AS

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD May 4, 2017

Blade: Feather Pro
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: Vulfix badger
    Lather: Vulfix Lavender shave cream
    WTG, touch-up

Nice shave this morning. Using the Hawk for four days straight might be a little much for my face. The shaves are nice and smooth but the razor is not near as mild as my injectors and I felt a little burned today. No redness but did get two small weepers on my jaw line. Oh well. I'll use it one more day and then switch over to another SE.

Have a great day!

SOTD 5-4-17.JPG

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Travel SOTD
    Arko Shave Stick
    AoS Pure Badger Brush
    Tuckmar Razor
    Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave
    Have fun!
    [​IMG]

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Maybe that means it's in my local CVS by now....would be nice.

Bama Samurai and clint64 like this.
  10. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve!
    Rod George does nice custom work, he does handles in brass, copper and aluminum. Also blends metals! His prices are really good. He also does brush and stands - I have a ASH handle brush coming and he is re-knotting a vintage old spice barbershop handle brush for me. He also is sending me 2 handles for a GEM 1912 - he does that as well. Rod is seen in the HTGAM G+ group (doug smythe's G+ group - really fun place with ZERO drama and no political garbage - just a place were shaving maniacs discuss there "addiction" haha- Steve you should join that group! G+ is very nice for using a phone - I like it better than facebook)... If you are interested in Rod's work send me a IM and I can hook you up with his email, I cant stress enough on how Cool Rod is - pleasure to do business with and he will do anything u ask - also every handle he makes is hand made and Different! no 2 are the same....

11. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor - Edwin Jagger "Kelvin"
    Blade - Personna Medical Prep
    Shave Brush - Satin Tip "The Purest"
    Shave Soap - Wet Shaving Products "Gaelic Tweed" Rustic Vegan Formula
    Aftershave - Wet Shaving Products "Gaelic Tweed"
    Deodorant - Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Fragrance - Creed Green Irish Tweed

Sparrow, alfredus, 120inna55 and 19 others like this.
  12. EzraCobb

GOOD OL WILLIAMS! does not get the respect it deserves! I find that it must be face lathered - you run into problems when u attempt to bowl lather the Williams.. When face lathered, sure the lather does disappear faster than most soaps - but the SLICKNESS is still there and really it works very nice... For the money and the fact its one of the remaining drugstore after shaves - u gotta respect the Williams! I have never used the vintage menthol puck - I need to get one of those bad boys soon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mrchick, ram57, RyX and 3 others like this.
  13. EzraCobb

nice pic! I did not respond to a prior question about the Sandalwood fro AOS and the FINE sandalwood a.s.
    If you have used proraso sandalwood before its similar to that - which I vanilla scented and NOT woody, I actually hate sandalwood that smells like sawdust or fake wood... The FINE sandalwood splash is amazing and better than proraso's (and I like the proraso very much) Art of Shaving Sandalwood has to be my favorite sandalwood shave cream with Proraso being the second best... art of shaving gets dissed (since proctor and gamble bough it) but sorry they have AMAZING shaving cream, insane amounts of slickness! amazing scent! giant tub of product and EASY to lather and the lather has a TON of cushion.. AOS peppermint and sandalwood are 2 of my favorite soaps...

14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    MDC Vetyver
    The OneBlade
    GEM PTFE
    Fine Fresh Vetiver
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

[​IMG]

Sparrow, alfredus, 120inna55 and 19 others like this.
  15. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Thursday's SOTD........

True Gentlemen cream lathered w/Duke 2 Best
    Edwin Jagger DES86 paired w/a fresh Wilkinson Sword blade
    Alum rinse, Nivea ASB finishing w/a splash of Figaro aftershave

2-passes for an outstanding shave.............

170504.jpg

Sparrow, alfredus, 120inna55 and 16 others like this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Parker 94r razor
    GSB blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    M&L Florida Water Cologne w/added menthol

Right dandy shave and my face is happy therefore, so is the rest of me. Now go enjoy your day folks

17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thanks Jim. Have a great day buddy. :)

ram57, Norcalnewb and clint64 like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is a very cool handle!

ram57 and clint64 like this.
  19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Awesome shave today
    Hot water wash with a washcloth
    FS silvertip
    Truefitt&Hill 1805
    Gillette tech (d1)
    Persona Crystal (1)
    Pinaud Fleur de France
    Today's shave was for a special day. Today I see of of my granddaughters recieve a college degree. Kids today may seem to have things backwards, but this girl graduates high school later this month. She'll graduate high school with a degree in her pocket. Wow. My shave was great, elements that perform. I didn't think that FS was gonna stop making lather. The Gillette tech for a mild bbs thats always comfy. Finish with pinaud (saved for special occasions). Wish I knew a product like this.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better. 20170504_091708_resized(1).jpg

poppi, Sparrow, alfredus and 18 others like this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Funny how we switch to safety razors to get a better shave, learn some technique along the way. And then find we can get good shaves using just about any tool. Have a great day my friend!

ram57, RyX and clint64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.