Penningtons of Bath Citrus Soaps

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Bronco, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I was browsing around Ross (next door to TJ Maxx here) and found a pack of these moisturizing soaps on clearance. $5 for 4 bars. Fresh orange, lemon, sweet lime and grapefruit, smells are light and clean. Triple milled, vegetable base with shea butter, etc... I've never thought much about soap, usually using whatever I could find but these really surprised me. Nice scent in the shower, fades away quickly, lots of lather, washes clean and didn't leave a dry feeling. Very satisfying.

2. qaswer

qaswer New Member

Nice review ! Can you post a link to site ? It impressed me a lot and i think that is not a bad deal because most of soaps are very hard to skin .

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Penningtons web site is under construction.
    Penningtons of Bath, England
    www.penningtonsofbath.com
    I guess they are into several products, women's clothing, etc...
    If you are in the US, look for a Ross, TJ Maxx, that online auction place, etc...

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

A friend tells me that Penningtons of Bath is part of the same company which distributes soaps under different brand names such as Asquith & Somerset, Nightingales and The Somerset Toiletry Co., among others. This may increase the chance of you finding them.

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

The Pennington's of Bath website is still under construction. Try this one -
    Somerset

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

T.J max and Marshall's have some very interesting clearance soaps. You can get some real bargains for great products if you know what you are looking for.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Has anyone tried the CST ( Commonwealth Soaps & Toiletries ) soaps at TJ Max? I bought a couple bars they seem quite nice, great lather clean rinsing. One had poppy seeds as an exfolient (Sp?), works great. There like 12 oz bars, huge...

Not as good as Issy's but figured I'd give them a try.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Yes, they are decent soaps for the price. They do a lot of private label soaps as well as Sarah Michaels, San Francisco Soap and at one time did the products for Laura Ashley. Nice find!

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Steve, I'll be on the lookout for the others you mentioned too ;)

Neale