My First Good Nick

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Crappy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Crappy

Crappy Member

I've been method shaving for about 3 1/2 months. Basically since I got to Texas and picked up a buttload of Hydrolast products. From the beginning I've had great luck. Shaving is actually fun now. Until tonight that is.
    I was doing my second XTG pass and was totally spacing out. Then it happened. THWACK! I took a big chunk out of my upper lip and bled like a stuck pig! Sure I've had some minor scuffs while experimenting and getting used to mixing a good lather, but this was different. I actually stopped in my tracks and thought, "Well, that stings just a lil bit!" It was bound to happen. It's just unsettling. Since I've been in Texas I've had several guys with belt buckles the size of dinner plates tell me, "You got a purdy mouth!" I took it as a compliment since there were no banjos or canoes in sight. Hopefully this huge nick won't ruin my good standing within the community.

2. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Ouch, ouch, ouch!

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

Crazy, almost exactly the same think happened to me this morning, except it was my bottom lip. It bled for a good twenty minutes...thought I was in trouble, honestly, as I had to go to work. But it finally calmed down.
    Still sore, though.

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Say what?! :eek:

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Pictures!!!

As long as you don't squeal, you'll be fine.

6. riffin

riffin Active Member

I've done that. The styptic made my knees buckle. :eek:

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Haven't done that. I have at one time grooved each of my earlobes with a str8 though. Talk about bleeding like a pig. My condolences on the lip. Kind of like a new car with dents. :D

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Lips bleed alot. But not as much as where your nostrils meet your face.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I did this too (with a safety razor, not a straight). It's amazing how much blood comes out of an ear lobe.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

11. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Well, I do have to shave my ears, but I still use my M3 for that job.:think002

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Of course not! :happy102

It was just a "world class" klutz-out. :D

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You want pictures of his "purdy mouth"?? :rolleyes: :D

14. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

The day I angrily threw my cartridge razors into a box and kicked them away was the same day I hesitatingly drew my first straight razor to my face and as I was positioning it below my sideburn, and forgetting that the straight razor is about twice as long as my cartridge razors were, I clipped my earlobe with the square point of the straight.

It wasn't bad at all, but it was my first and my worst. Never again!

15. northpaw

northpaw New Member

Still waiting to hear why "Crappy" is such a good nick... :D