Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Man I hope this doesn't happen to me as well. I also am waiting on a Futur clone, and the picture got changed to a TTO razor, but it still says adjustable razor. I will also leave a negative feedback if he pulled the old "bait and switch" trick.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Well, it appears that toptop14 and Uncle_Ding are the same seller - from China, not the Philippines. I'm going to wait for my refund, then see if I can get ebay to do an investigation or something. I doubt they will, they never have before, but they do have a policy of not having multiple seller accounts, as I recall.

If possible - please put up a photo (even with your address blacked out - i personally don't care) with the originating address.

RyX, sky pilot 83 and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

That's who i ordered from. I hope he doesn't cancel his account before i can demand my refund.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Hey, I am glad you're happy. Really.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

If he does, he'll lose out on the Paypal money. Paypal monies can't be fully extracted for a certain number of days - and the purchase is guaranteed, so if he did cancel the account, Ebay should refund your money.

John Ruschmeyer and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ok, I used the Nanjie today and my review is on the SOS thread.

RyX and sky pilot 83 like this.
  7. sky pilot 83

I used my qshave futur clone today on 3. Nicked my head once. It was the 3rd shave with an Astra SP. Not the greatest shave, left me with some heavy irritation. Still have an uneven blade alignment and i can't figure out why. Strange. I'll have to try a few things and take it apart and reassemble it a different way.

jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I've seen some folks put a piece of tape over the bar on the base plate to snug things up where there is too much play causing misalignment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Just an update, I did get my refund, checked my Paypal account. Also was told to keep the razor, which I actually expected because Ding wouldn't want to pay for return shipping. It would cost more to return it than what was charged for it. Also, it seems that the five Qshave blades supplied with the Qshave razor are re-branded Personna Blue blades (not Lab Blues). Plus Qshave throws in ten Dorco Prime blades, which I know nothing about. So I guess when the TTO razor is received, just request a refund and you'll get it plus the TTO Nanjie razor.

Edit: Just a side note, it says the refund came from Aukey International Limited.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Bussemand and Jim99 like this.
  10. sky pilot 83

Good to know, thanks.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I thought of the movie "Seven " when I read "what's in the box?"

12. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Dorco and Pace Shaving make it confusing. Technically, there is the familiar ST-301 blade (red label, white dispenser) which Pace Shaving refers to as the "Dorco Prime"; then there is the STP-301 which is actually labelled "Dorco Prime" but which Pace Shaving refers to as the "Dorco Prime Platinum".

Assuming we mean the STP-301, it's a double Teflon-coated Platinum blade. Andrew nicely sent me a couple and I actually like them. IIRC, Neal also had a good experience with them a while back as part of the Grand Blade Trials.

13. John Ruschmeyer

I'm still waiting on mine, though it may be sitting on my desk at work. I'm curious, though, has anyone tried asking/demanding Uncle Ding for the correct razor? What was the response?

Linuxguile, jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

[​IMG]

This thread is awesome.

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My refund also came from Aukey. When I told Uncle Ding that I ordered and expected to receive the Merkur clone, he gave me the refund. I still have not received the razor, but have left my review on the seller.

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'd love to understand these relationships. Aukey is a big player.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I just got my refund from Uncle Ding, AKA Aukey International, this morning

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. John Ruschmeyer

Considering the similarities of the listings ("mental", etc.), the assumption was that Uncle Ding and the others were all the same seller. I'm thinking that it's more of a "Make Money From eBay Using Your Own Computer" kind of setup. Ding take a commission for operating an eBay storefront with the listing templates and contents coming from some back-end provider (possibly Aukey). It was probably a nice, simple deal until this came along. :)

jimjo1031, RyX, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm not familiar with Aukey. Is it a payment system like PayPal?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

No, it's both a China based manufacturer (electronics) and distributor.