Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

I, did contact before and was assured that what i was getting was indeed a futur clone. Uncle ding went and told another gent, contrary to what he received, he was sent a futur clone. It's straight up dishonesty.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You had a bad experience clearly. I am sorry that happened. I was screwed out of a $3600 car sale. Try to put it in perspective. Life is too short to get so upset over a $10 razor.

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The Futur Clone came in today. The wife tried it out tonight, with a vintage Gillette blade, and set on 1. We said it was the smoothest razor she ever used, and she now is going to put aside her Gillette Starburst for this.

Zykris, dkeester, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  4. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I left neutral feedback, with a description of what happened.
    My best guess is that the seller(s) where given the wrong pictures/info of what was actually shipping out of China. I don't believe this was intentional, specially seeing how they're now asking about how to make things right...

PickledNorthern, Jayaruh, RyX and 2 others like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Pretty much what I did.

Jayaruh and Primotenore like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

After my wife tried her new Clone, I ordered 3, from "virginiasheng", at $8 A piece(I made an offer). I remember quite a few people use her to buy brush knots, and have favorable things to say about her site.

Zykris, dkeester, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Ming Shi Shave
    [​IMG]

Nivea Men Face Wash
    L'OCCITANE Cade Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #170 Synthetic
    Ming Shi Adjustable
    Rockwell Swedish Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The VDH Deluxe Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #170 Synthetic brush. I did two passes the Ming Shi Adjustable razor set on 4 and Rockwell Swedish Stainless blade, and I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Zykris, dkeester, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

My purchase from Uncle Ding has not arrived yet.

RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Still waiting for mine from tiptop.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

10. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Mine as well.

RyX likes this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    waiting4.gif

AGHisBBS, RyX, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  12. sky pilot 83

Even though i got a refund..... I'm still waiting. Been 30 days now.

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

If you got refunded, what are you waiting on?

Jayaruh likes this.
  14. sky pilot 83

The packages to come. When i emailed them right before i requested the refund i asked flat out if i was getting the futur clone or the razor they changed the picture to, and i threatened to leave a horrible review and feedback if they said the futur and sent the nanjie. The one seller said it was the nanjie. So i demanded a refund saying they used a bait and switch or they'd get bad feedback and a horrible rating. So they refunded me. Uncle ding gave me the same generic stock answer we sell high quality product, please look at description and picture before you purchase. I already purchased! But other people are getting the nanjie and not the futur so i felt confident it was the bait and switch and demanded my refund. If i get the clone then I'll message back and make it right. But I'm confident that i won't based on the evidence. The proof will be coming through the mail. Today was my last day i could've got the refund through ebay. Still the items haven't arrived.

RyX likes this.
  15. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

The last day you can receive a refund is not 30 days from the purchase date. It is 30 days from the delivery date (or expected delivery date if there is no tracking) so pretty much you get 2 - 3 months of eBay money back guaranty and sometimes even longer.

It's outlined here under timeline.
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  16. sky pilot 83

What the heck! When i looked it up on ebay in their forums i was told 30 days from when the payment was received.

17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

If you were returned your money, do you feel they still owe you?

Jayaruh likes this.
  18. sky pilot 83

No not at all. I'm just waiting for the razors i didn't order to arrive.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Jayaruh, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. DanielB

DanielB Member

It used to be that eBay sellers could only sell items they actually had physical possession of. I'm not sure when but this rule was dropped and "product sourcing" (drop shipping) became permitted, but that seems to be what happened here with these razors. Looks like the shipper ran out of the futur clone adjustable and started to ship the Nanjie razor instead. Not actually having possession of the items prior to shipping, the sellers likely had no reason to believe the wrong product was shipped until the first arrivals and complaints came in, or at least until after the shipper had already sent some or most items.

But ultimately, according to eBay's drop shipping rules, it is the seller's responsibility to ensure the buyer receives the item as described within 30 days of the ending of the listing. That is a significantly different obligation to other not-drop-shipping sellers. Unfortunately, eBay's "product sourcing" help page does not state what the repercussion of failing to achieve that is, but whether it's a refund/re-ship/or Negative Feedback (or any combination thereof), that's the risk a drop-shipping seller takes when they decide to try to make money without first having physical possession of the goods they list.

eBay has no requirement for drop-shipping sellers to disclose that they are doing so in their listings (which I think they ought to), but sellers do have an obligation to put accurate information in their listings, including the Item Location. So if the seller is in the Philippines, Malaysia, or Thailand but the item ships from China, by all means they deserve a complaint to eBay for inaccurate listing. For some of you, the actual shipping location may be a trivial matter and make no difference to arrival but as I wrote in my previous post, for some buyers, including those of us in Canada, it can make a huge difference, enough to warrant Negative Feedback.

On the topic of eBay feedback, if a seller shipped a brick instead of the advertised razor, and gave you your money back when you complained, would you give Positive, Neutral or Negative feedback? I would hope that for the benefit of future buyers and potential buyers, you would leave a Negative! So then if they (or their designate) ship a different razor, how is that any different?

On the other and, if they apologized and re-shipped the correct item, I would be inclined to leave Neutral as it wasn't a great buying experience, but they did what they had to do to not make it a totally Negative experience.

As a Canadian who has been experiencing regular 60-day+ deliveries from China for over 2 years now, I often find myself unable to leave ANY Feedback, because Feedback can only be left within 60 days of purchase. And you wouldn't believe how difficult eBay makes it to adequately report seller wrong-doing - it's just a simple multi-choice with no text box to explain, and in many cases, an appropriate option is not offered.

By the way, having now looked at my razor seller's recent Feedback, I see multiple reports coming in that the item received was the Nanjie TTO. I am disappointed to see that some even have Positive Feedback next to them. :(

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    RyX and sky pilot 83 like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good info. Thank you, Sir!