I can't re-set my password!

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by crackstar, May 29, 2017.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had some work done on my computer and I'm finding it impossible to log in. Not only that, there's this "captcha" or whatever you call it that's stopping me from changing my password. I'm using my cell phone as I type this. Any tips would be appreciated. :)

Kizurra likes this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  3. crackstar

Thanks JoAnna. I don't want to keep using my cell.

Queen of Blades and Kizurra like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Did you remember to pay the secret monthly dues and take out the trash like the Queen asked?

5. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's fixed? Easy way for those not familiar would likely be to watch startup screen for f9, f11 or f12 key for boot menu and start it with only essential apps running or safe mode to get in and change it.

6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Two thoughts here, First is if you have an adblock program that will sometimes cause a problem I know it did with my Walgreens account. Second did you check the box that says you are not a robot on the captha prompt?

crackstar and Kizurra like this.
  7. Kizurra

Ignore my last post, thought you meant cp but realize you meant tsd account.

crackstar likes this.
  8. Kizurra

A word about some captchas. Some captcha are case sensitive and sometimes space sensitive if multi words so you end up having to try it with 4 different potential combinations! Sometimes you get locked out after 3 attempts for some predetermined "usually 24 hours" amount of time!? Sometimes,****
    Not necessarily directed at tsd's security protocols but generalized for many of them. I have yet to experience this site's but as you can tell I feel your pain. :lam:

richgem and crackstar like this.
  9. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

This captcha is terrible on mobile if it's the one with pictures that you have to put in the right boxes they don't all show up on mobile you have to rotate your phone to all the columns to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kizurra likes this.
  10. crackstar

That's the one. I can't even do it from my computer.

Kizurra likes this.
  11. crackstar

I really don't know what to do. It's frustrating me so much. I'm posting from my phone but I don't want to continue like this. My PC was hacked and I had to change my email.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Kizurra and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  12. crackstar

It's the picture assembly that I cannot figure out. :(

Kizurra likes this.
  13. richgem

Jeff, I would take your email out of this post before a bot finds it. Try pming directly with queen or Sparky

Kizurra, RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yes!! Remove your email address.

Kizurra likes this.
  15. crackstar

Done. On top of this I cannot send a pm to anyone from my cell. Now what am I gonna do? Oh my God.

Kizurra likes this.
  16. richgem

Kizurra likes this.