Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

You have seen photos of mine. I too was expecting a deeper tone but love it all the same. The 6C is a great razor and I wouldn't hesitate to even suggest it to a beginner. Gareth has also been great with all the questions I have had and all through the process. I wouldn't hesitate to buy other razors from Rockwell.

Terry Williams and Tdmsu like this.
  2. FranklinFurter

FranklinFurter Well-Known Member

During April, I ordered the 6s from Rockwell late on a Thursday evening and it arrived the following Monday. This was excellent customer service. It seems that those issues Rockwell initially had with the 6s have been resolved, and I expect they will similarly resolve any issues with the 6c.

I am very pleased with the 6s. It is a terrific razor, and I intend to eventually order the 6t. My impression is that Rockwell is trying very hard to get it right, and they will have my continued support.

Tdmsu and Fly2High like this.
  3. nvpliers

nvpliers Member

Oh yes. I did see your photos. It's hard to say, since I've given mine away, but your gunmetal seems a bit darker than mine.

4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Unconditionally Smooth Saturday
    This was my first use of a Rockwell razor - a 2c - and I'm impressed enough to order a 6s. I used plate 3 today and the shave was extremely smooth and easy. I am looking forward to using the heavier more aggressive plates at some point. The razor is solid and well made, it feels very good in my hand. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

You may regret that decision. Once I got my 6s, my desire to accumulate razors SEVERELY diminished. It's such a good shave, it's impossible to believe anything else can come as close.

Plate #3 is my go to plate. Whether it's one or more days, it just works and it works so smoothly that using anything else feels like I'm slumming it.

Glad you're enjoying yours!

Terry Williams, Rhody and Tdmsu like this.
  6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I felt that way with my Futur for about a year. Then I met Gareth and held a Rockwell at the Maggard's meet up. I had to try one, so I traded for the 2c... The shave today was great, but I'm already feeling stubble, so I'm looking forward to trying the 6s and the more efficient plates. I like heavy razors and I use the Futur on 6 most of the time.

7. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

If I use an Astra SP I don't have that problem. I do a 2 pass shave w/ plate 3 - WTG, XTG. If I use a Dorco, a Rockwell blade, Schick blade, or other mediocre blades, I have the same issue with stubble. That being said, PERSONALLY I find the 6s the best shaver in my arsenal. I let a buddy borrow it (who had never DE shaved before) and he complained he couldn't get a close enough shave with any plate (he ONLY does a one pass). He ended up liking my Old Type and loving the Slim on 9. So what they say is true, different strokes for different folks. If you enjoyed the 2c, I think you'll love the 6s.

-Mc

Tdmsu likes this.
  8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Another very smooth shave with the Rockwell 2c, plate 3. I used an Astra SP this time and worked well. Tomorrow, I'll try a Feather - a blade I don't like in any razor so far. The musky scents of 13 and Black Bot go very well together.
    Prep: water
    Soap: Dr. Jon's 13
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Rockwell 2c plate 3
    Blade: Astra SP
    AS: PAA Black Bot[​IMG]

9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Last shave with my 2c today - I was able to get a very close, very comfortable shave with a feather blade and plate 3. This was the most impressive shave so far with this game changing razor. It is my last because I am passing it on to a friend, since my 6s should arrive tomorrow.

I plan on waiting for the mailman to shave!
    May I join this club as an owner of the 6s?

Rhody and sky pilot 83 like this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

First shave with the 6s. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to finding what works best for me. [​IMG][​IMG]

tuxxdk and Rhody like this.
  11. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Congrats and enjoy

Tdmsu likes this.
  12. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I believe I'm up to date on the "members list". Please let me know if I have forgotten you or another member :)

Tdmsu likes this.
  13. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

Well, my Rockwell 6S should be here by Sat (6/3). So maestro if you could please...

Tdmsu likes this.
  14. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

This may have been asked before, but does anyone know where Rockwells are made? Not that it will influence my plans to someday acquire one. I WILL have a 6s. I already have a globally sourced collection: ATT, Ikon, Muhle and a couple of Gillette New Types. Just curious.

15. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

The Rockwell 6S is metal injection molded in the good old USA.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Puma and Tdmsu like this.
  16. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm not against imported products, but I have to admit that, as an American, made in the USA is a plus as long as the product is something to be proud of.

Tdmsu likes this.
  17. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Its something to be proud of. Im loving my 6s. Although I hadn't heard the term metal injection molded before.

Tdmsu likes this.
  18. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Any news about the model T so far?
    It's a duplicate of the 6S head, shaving wise but adjustable.

19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Voskhod > Rockwell blades
    Much smoother and more comfortable today. I'm glad a bought the 6s.

20. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

I'm just waiting for Rockwell to stop changing the design on it and settle for a design. Apparently there's now 2 Rockwell model T razors. One will be all stainless but the kickstarter one is a zamak head. So I'm waiting to see what the stainless is gonna cost.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.