Best shave of my life!?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Gary Drainville, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Gary Drainville

Gary Drainville Active Member

Lately I was intrigued by straight razors, but got talking with a coworker and he directed me to some of the online shops. I'm working on my technique, but having quite a bit of fun trying out different shaving creams, aftershaves, etc. Not to get too nirvana here, but now after a shave and the whole process involved, I go to work with far more of a feeling of being "cleaned up". Feels good. Also, I must say as well, this forum is outstanding and get a lot of enjoyment reading the posts!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Gary

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That's great to hear. This is a hobby that takes something that once was a chore and makes the task enjoyable. Oh, and you get better shaves to boot!

If you're interested in straight razors, take a look at the threads on this forum. There's a special section dedicated to us SR users.

Paul Turner and dustmite like this.
  3. Gary Drainville

Gary Drainville Active Member

Thanks, I'm going to get as much as I can with safety razors, but I'll take your advice and follow some of the SR threads too. I may even buy a SR when I get a grip on what to avoid with those purchases. I've also read here that start with just a cheek using a SR at first and finish up with a safety razor. Thanks again guys and may all your shaves be nick free!!

4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Or as those of us who are sane call it, "the Dark Side"(and they may have cookies, but we have likker)

Jim99 and Gary Drainville like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I set aside Saturday for my straights. I am getting pretty good.

Jim99 and Gary Drainville like this.