The Haul: June 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Just got home from work and in the mailbox was my Fathers Day gift from my oldest son.

20170622_170639~2.jpg

I have heard great things about CF and have been wanting to try it. The Klar I have a can already and was wanting a can of their Sport scent. I will put this one in the freezer to keep it for later.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Reverse haul

I gave a merkur 34c
    Vdh boar set
    Two tucks of astra ss

And lessons how to use the set, to a young man seeing my granddaughter. He leaves for bootcamp next week.
    So along with shave lessons, i gave him a few pointers on leaving home for the first time.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Will they let him have DE in boot now? We were told in advance "disposables only" and that was in '87.

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I don't know, i didn't think of that. Oh well, i still wanted to give him some fatherly advice, and if he can't use it in boot camp, he'll have a memento from home.

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, RyX and 3 others like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

A bunch of great samples arrived from the MAYhem awards. Thank you @BaylorGator![​IMG]

6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@Primotenore be on the lookout for you know who? before you pickup the R41 v2011 is going to creep up over your shoulder and say GOTCHA!! :p
    [​IMG]

7. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

The wife ordered these. Plan to start testing today[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SpeedyPC, wchnu, Jayaruh and 13 others like this.
  8. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I have heard good things about the sheep. There are a couple of guys on here that sware by it. You'll have to let us know your thoughts.

Sent from my phone using some app

RyX likes this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I LOVE Freddy.
    BTW, there is an active auction on Ebay with a 2011 R41 w/stand. Over two days remaining and the bidding is over 152.00 :eek:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of citronella but given the huge backing for it I plan to give it a fair shot. I personally love Ben Franklin and really wanted to try Executive Man. She loves the smell of the sunflower and vanilla sandlewood which she just happened to grab on a whim. Hoping we like most of them but only time will tell.

Ill report back.

Jorvaljr, RyX, ob1page and 1 other person like this.
  11. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Very nice! Curious what you think of Executive man and MITA. I meant to get a sample of MITA from Stirling but I'm sure I will have room in my cart next time!

RyX and ob1page like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thanks. I'll let you know when I try them.

RyX and ob1page like this.
  13. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Since your wife ordered them, then Witchy Woman should be first up in her honor. :D

Jorvaljr and mrchick like this.
  14. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I tried Executive Man first as I have heard so much about it. It wasnt nearly bold as I expected but I like it. Its much more subtle than I expected. She hasn't decided if she likes it yet, she definitely didnt when I opened it but after using is now she says shes on the fence.

Jorvaljr, mrchick, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  15. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Well, When you do use it, adding THIS is a requirement.

Jorvaljr, RyX and ob1page like this.
  16. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi all, the mail just came today, and with it came some pocket editions (ABC sets) that I want to restore the interior of the cases. I got them fairly reasonably, and I have most of the materials needed on hand, including the velvet for the interior. I'm really looking foreword to these restorations. In the photo, there is two 1909 ABC sets, a 1909 Single Ring set, and a 1911 ABC set. I'm still working on the Single Ring right now. Here's the photo-

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking it out. Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I got in a pair of Injectors from a recent auction win.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The E2 (left) is missing a bit of plate on the face, but both seem to be in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Beeman, SpeedyPC, PLAla and 13 others like this.
  18. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Home from my work trip and finally got out to my ol' stand by antique store. I have the blue ladies Gillette already and this is the first I've seen of the other colors. Now to find the other two. Oh, and another short handle black beauty.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

19. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Yesterday I received a 1930's Gillette New Type Open Comb Razor I thought I would pick up as a head for my Charcoal Goods handle until heads became available from Charcoal. Ironically as I put the bid in for the Gillette razor, Charcoal announced they had some more heads. I was then actually hoping I wouldn't win the bid for the Gillette and space out the acquisitions. Well I wound up with both! I always wanted to try the long open comb so no loss and I used it this morning. The shave was OK and I actually had a couple of weepers. Nothing major, I just need to get used to it I suppose. This probably isn't my favorite razor, but I will need to use it more. It is always fun trying out the different vintage razor designs.
    Steve

IMG_6093.jpg
    IMG_6094.jpg

20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My haul of the week came in
    IMG_6887.jpg
    The ultrasonic cleaner is a Father's Day present from my wife.
    3 travel techs 1 is nos
    1 Sheraton
    3 super speeds
    1 milord
    5 flare tips
    1 black super speed
    1 slim
    1 fatboy
    1 injector
    1 coles slant
    3 Wilkinson cart handles
    2 schick cart handles