SoS: July 3, 2017 - July 9, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Jul 2, 2017.

1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

09 July 2017 (and for the rest of the week)

Soap: TSD Rose & Patchouli lanolin
    Brush: Semogue 620 boar
    Razor: Fatip Grande
    Blade: Nacet (1)
    Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum

070917.JPG

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Today's Shave:

Same. as yesterday, but I substituted Gillette Foamy Menthol in place of Barbasol. For that reason, I dedicate this shave to @Yehuda D.

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nancy Boy Signature Cream
    TSD 30 DC LE Brush
    Dovo Bismarck #2 Razor
    Lucky Tiger
    Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
    Have a blessed Sunday![​IMG]

4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Total package today
    Citrus Sunday (check)
    I began with a hot water wash with a washcloth. Then I made wonderful, thick, slick lather with my Plisson brush and Mango Lime, from Tampa Shave Company. Bombed for coolness, it feels as if i had fresh mangos applied to my face. If y'all haven't tried this one your missing out. Maybe the slickest in my den. Three pass shave with my Calipso razor from Above the Tie. I used the R1 base plate. It was 1000% better than the M1. I used a persona Crystal (2). Finishing the deal with Razorock essential oil of lime aftershave balm.
    As always, hope y'all did as well, or better. 20170709_095652_resized.jpg

5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sunday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Gentleman
    Soap: Proraso White Tub
    Razor: Maggard V2 Open Comb
    Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue Super Platinum (Shave #2)
    Brush: Henri et Victoria High Mountain White-22mmx55mm
    Aftershave: Fine American Blend

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Proraso White Tub today. 10 seconds to load the H et V HMW brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue SP in the Maggard V2 Open Comb. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Fine American Blend aftershave.

Bob

[​IMG]

6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

07/09/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
    RazoRock The Dead Sea Shaving Soap
    RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Blackland Blackbird Open Comb Polished Razor with 85mm Handle
    Personna Blue Comfort Coated Blade - 5th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
    RazoRock The Dead Sea After Shave Splash
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

D IMG_6194.jpg

7. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    TIMELESS/UFO :: ELITE :: S.V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

My current mission to spend time with unused razors, soaps and creams this month expanded a bit to include creams that I bought and tried once or twice prior to my first 30 day focus (which was required to develop proper technique) and prior to my exposure to bigger world of soaps and artisan products. So, day 2 with the Delta Echo (their own private label) Cubano and a trial of Speik. This is a highly regarded soap that smells of the rare Speik plant grown in some remote region of the Alps (and hand collected and crushed by young, blonde, fair skinned Alpine girls I'm sure). The cream did it's job, and created a nice lather, but didn't live up to all the hype for me. Not enough residual slickness after each pass to clean up with. I added water to thin it out and try to get it slicker, but it just wasn't there. Again, nice unique smell from the Speik plant, and it did it's job just fine. It just doesn't make my top tier. The Delta Echo, however is continuing to deliver a much closer shave than any of my vintage Gillettes.

9. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

The new line of WCS soaps & After Shaves are made by PAA. This Rum Runner is a former limited time PAA scent named "Boozey Barbershop". I have read so much praise and requests for PAA to create this again on G+ and F.B. groups for a while. So when this was released I had to try it and understand all the hype. Well - the hype was true, this is such a Unique scent! This is NOT a Bay Rum whatsoever! Its a classic barbershop scent that is powdery and fresh scented with a bourbon scent mixed in (to my nose its whiskey and not rum). But the prices is not bad - WCS had a sale for the launch of soaps. So if you been searching for the discontinued PAA Boozey Barbershop - the wait is over, WCS has it! Like all PAA/CK soaps - the lather and cushion is out of this world... Slickness is good (not the best - but I use pre shave oil with most aggressive razors so it don't matter to me).

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lolllll Aren't you nice! (Couldn't you at least use a Glacial soap?)

jimjo1031, RyX, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

if I can get away with "buying" a Glacial for next summer in a local place(which I presume would keep my NB18 safe)I would.

jimjo1031, RyX, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture!

Number six, FaceScraper, RyX and 2 others like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very enjoyable shave this early morning. I've been getting super shaves with the Baby Smooth and with a Polsilver blade. Soap Commander is one of the best soaps, if you are looking for a great unscented soap integrity is the one.
    IMG_20170708_152300362~01.jpg

14. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Revisor 8/8
    Kent Badger Brush
    Sampsons All Natural Shaving Soap
    Myrsol Metisol

This Revisor keeps surprising me with its long-lasting smoothly sharp edge. I used Sampsons All Natural Shaving Soap for the first time and I am impressed. A wonderful MDC-like soap.

DSCF2831.jpg

15. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Jim

clint64 and Norcalnewb like this.
  16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Bob's Big Boy, our favorite place to eat after games and dances back in the High School days.

17. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Sunday was going to be my leisurely shave day so after lathering the Proraso Blue with a Semogue I tried the Fendrihan shavette again. The shave was going along well until I tried to put a Kirk Douglas cleft into my chin. I finished the shave with Scruffy and used a lot of Styptic before the blood would quit and I could apply Nivea Cool Kick ASB and Avon Wild Country AS. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

SpeedyPC, ilts, ram57 and 17 others like this.
  18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good photo Jim. Love the Red Tip. :happy088:

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You have a good memory Guy. To be able to remember what you did that long ago. :happy097:

ram57, FaceScraper, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good shot with a beautiful bowl Guy.

ram57, FaceScraper, RyX and 1 other person like this.