Florida Water Inquiry

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Zykris, Jul 9, 2017.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

sounds like an interesting combination........

Zykris likes this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes it is. Sometimes I give myself a good scalp massage with it.

Bama Samurai and Zykris like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's also Two Girls brand Florida Water from Hong Kong. Not quite the same scent as Murray & Lanman's from what I hear.
    Like ketchup every producer has their own recipe. If you are feeling experimental there are many folks that share their ingredients lists like this one.

• 5 cups of Vodka
    • 9 cinnamon sticks
    • 18 all-spice berries
    • one orange peel (preferably dried)
    • 3 cups rose petals (fresh or dried)
    • 3 cups Jasmine flowers (fresh to get the scent)
    • three bay leaves
    • 1/2 cup dried angelica root
    • 1 cup aromatic green herbs

4. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I like it but my girlfriend doesn't so I don't use it much anymore. For me it's a mild smell that lasts forever. I can still smell it a day later

Yehuda D, Zykris and RyX like this.
  5. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

OK I guess I have to try that now. I can't even imagine it!

Ijustmissedthe50s, RyX and Yehuda D like this.
  6. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Family Dollar in the Hispanic area of Cleveland carries it, so that may be an idea if your town has such neighborhoods.

Zykris and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    When I take my evening shower, the FW comes out again when wet.

Zykris and Yehuda D like this.
  8. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I checked locally. No one knows what I'm talking about or, the other case, don't carry it. Small town country life is fun sometimes. Lol I have some bonus points built up on Amazon, so I just ordered a bottle. A lot less of a headache. 5.49 and free shipping, can't complain.

PLAla, RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to the club.

10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Check out the Two Girls variety. To me, the Murray & Lanman is heavy on the orange and cloves. The Two Girls is more bergamot and lavender. I like them both, but at different times. The M&L version lasts longer in my opinion.

RyX and Zykris like this.
  11. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I'll look into that brand. Thank you.

12. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I keep a bottle of it in the bathroom with all my shave junk and a second bottle in the refrigerator to splash on during hot days which means most any day except one or two in February.

RyX likes this.
  13. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just got my bottle of Florida Water in. Just by smelling it, I really like it thus far on the scent portion. I definitely get the citrus/clove portion mostly but my nose picks up a little lavender. Gonna give it a full on review when I get my shave on later today.

PLAla and RyX like this.
  14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just finished my shave. After the alum block, I had no sting from the Florida Water. Cold water + FW, I did get that cooling sensation many talk about. Strangely enough, when I first smelled it on the bottle, I got orangey/clove/lavenderish. Now after shaving and having it on my skin, I smell a cola-ish smell. I say not a bad choice with the FW.

RyX and dustmite like this.
  15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

One of the best uses for Florida Water is to use splash or 2 in a sink of water, then soak one of those evaporative cooling do-rags in it for a few minutes. Wring it out, tie it on, and it really helps to keep you cool while working out in the heat.
    IMG_1712.JPG

jaxstraww, RyX, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

After my girlfriend and I read a Murray and Lanman description and apparent uses on eBay, we came to two conclusions:
    One, it will apparently rid world hunger, bring about peace in the middle East and single handedly curb north koreas nuclear program, and,
    Two, we needed a bottle each! Can't wait til this stuff comes!

dustmite and Zykris like this.
  17. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I became a fan and so did my wife. We share a bottle at the moment. But in the future ill buy more than one at a time.

18. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

20170706_072649_resized.jpg
    The lavender version is very nice as well. It's from laboritirios del pueblo.

Zykris likes this.
  19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I tried it and didn't care for it (fortunately it was quite inexpensive in a local toko here) ... give me 4711 (or L.T. Piver) any day.

20. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

I just got mine in the mail today! I haven't tried it yet but it smells good.