I need help... Bad

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scottydoint, Oct 21, 2008.

1. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Wow! Nice ABC and that Double Ring is sweet. I'm glad you're not into Rocket's! :D

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Wow! That Pocket Edition was a steal! Damn! That seller is only a stone's throw from me!

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Nice scores! (I hope that helps!)

5. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Wow! You are on a roll. The razor is a mismatch for the case and blade holder, but it's a beauty!

7. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

are you sure? The case says aristocrat and it looks the same as the one thirdeye sold. They were also sold in the gold metal case (which I have that in poor condition which a just ok razor)

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I've only seen them in the "greek key" gold cases, but according to Krumholz you and Ray are correct.

"The razor was packaged in a leather covered, satin lined case with ten Blue Blades." pg. 242

Then it's an even better deal!

9. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very nice score! ::

11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I'd love to get razors like those. SWMBO would kill me. Discretion is the better part of valor so I'll pass for now.

12. riffin

riffin Active Member

Spiral knurling too! Nice! is it made in UK?

13. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

No it should be made in the US. I think 20's or 30's. I can't remember which.

14. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

These first came out in 1934, according to the site of frequent misinformation. However, I really don't think that is the proper case for that razor. I may be wrong, but I really don't think the leather covered Aristocrat cases came out until the 40's. Here are the two I have:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

One like yours in the Greek Key design case, and the other an un-notched 40's edition with the black and purple case.

15. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

They had both cases for it. I already have the gold key one. Now I have both:cool: