How many SRs do you use in your regular rotation?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Rusty blade, Aug 26, 2016.

1. jamespasini

jamespasini New Member

I keep a 7 razor set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I am working towards keeping only a 7 day set. Seems like a nice round number. ;)

Karl G, jamespasini, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Pics???

Spyder and Karl G like this.
  4. DaltonGang

Haaaaa!!!! Funny, but I don't remember posting that. I guess things have changed since then.

Spyder, Jim99 and Karl G like this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Funny how times change. You may be the only guy I know whose razor collection might be better measured by weight. :happy097:

After binging and getting out of control with an insane number of SEs, injectors, and wedges, I've kept my straights to a more manageable number. 24 is all that will fit in the display case and I pull out whatever is calling to me when the time comes. :happy093:

Billyfergie, Keithmax, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

My numbers have gone up considerably since my OP. I now have somewhere in the range of 25 to 30 (maybe more). Generally I work through a regular rotation of around 7 to 10 (maybe more). It seems there is always room for one more.

Billyfergie, Keithmax, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  7. DaltonGang

It's hard to pass on a lightly used and solid Straight, when it's under $10.

8. DaltonGang

I know. I might need to start thinning the collection out. But, it's hard to get rid of a razor that shaves perfectly.

Billyfergie, Spyder and Karl G like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Oh, what a wonderful problem to have. :D

Billyfergie, Spyder and DaltonGang like this.
  10. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

After having a pretty crazy collection at times, I'm officially down to two. One of which I keep for purely sentimental reasons.

I have a pretty darn close working relationship with that one user straight...

Billyfergie, Karl G, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  11. DaltonGang

Pics?? I'm curious to see what two razors beat out all others.

Billyfergie, Karl G and mrchick like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes, but it gets a fresh blade each day.....;)

13. entropy1049

ALRIGHTY THEN!

First up, the sentimental favorite, an old Montgomery Ward mail order straight. My ex-wife picked it up from an Amish farm sale/auction. She paid fifty cents lol. When I got it, it had about 50 years of medical tape on the tang but no scales, and was as sharp as a new Feather DE blade. It tumbled to me that this old girl had been much loved. I was inclined to take good care of it. Made it some bone scales, and for whatever reason, it has survived to become one of the last I own:
    [​IMG]

And finally, my last user straight, an Iberia 14 I picked up NOS. An incredible shaver:
    [​IMG]

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Iberia looks fun!

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I guess that lovely, scary-sharp Damascus Maestro Livi must have found a new home. That was a lovely piece of shaving equipment. Your former H.Diamond 8k and Fon Golden Star Deluxe are still favorites in my rotation...
    :love055:

16. DaltonGang

Great "Rescue Razor" story. It sure looks good now. That Iberia is one big looking Chopper. :happy088:

Billyfergie, Karl G and entropy1049 like this.
  17. entropy1049

Every kid should have a big old Spanish "14"...

18. entropy1049

Yup Kevin, the Livi damascus is long gone. I can't tell you how glad I am that you ended up with a couple of my favorite J-Wests! :eatdrink047:. That HD8K is a stunner!

19. Beadog

Beadog Well-Known Member

About a dozen. I often use the same razor every day for a week or more before grabbing another.

20. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I still plead the 5th. I had to get a case because my rolls were full.

Karl G, Spyder, mrchick and 3 others like this.