Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I Just acquired one of these bad boys. Gave you give more info about the proper loading key ?

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

If you use the Chinese Schick blades in the F. Those keys work fine. Some of the older type blades like the Personna tend to be slightly wider on the key. That causes the key not to want to slide in. Mind you it does not seem to be a problem on all F's. You will just have to try it on yours.

These are awesome injectors.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Linuxguile, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Top notch birthday shave. Have a good one everyone.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

cliffb599, MPF9, Herm2502 and 6 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture!
    :greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002:
    :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::git::git::git:

whiteboy_cannon and clint64 like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Happy Birthday young man!

:greet002:

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Happy Birthday CJ!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yep TWhite nailed it again....

Notice this:....some of the NOS blades of yesteryear have smaller keys also....

So what happens, the razor doesn't open all the way up and the blade edge will scrape along the tabs that hold the razor in place, while the blade is sliding into place....This will butcher the edge of the blade, and some folks will say they didn't get a good shave with the F type...But it is because of this....When actually this razor is a great shaver by Biblical proportions...

I do know the new Chinese ( Chick Blades ) Schick aswell as the EMS/Personna blade dispenser keys work perfect...at least on mine. But with the Personna plastic dispenser, make sure you hold the metal top and the plastic bottom together while you insert and uninsert the key so the dispenser dosen't come apart....

If you have a metal Chinese Schick blade dispenser and you have some other blades that are hard to load...You can move any blades to the Chick dispenser and load away without any proplems...Just be careful when moving the older NOS blades to the CHICK Dispenser so you don't screw the blade edge or worse yet...... biopsy a finger or two :shocked003:

Congratulations....you have a really great shaver there....

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Karl G, Linuxguile, wchnu and 3 others like this.
  8. Corto

Corto Well-Known Member

Sorry so much for the late reply. I was on holidays and forced myself to stay away from the internet. Glad the creams arrived well. Your awesome Featherweight is still held on Customs but I already sent them an email that will, I hope, speed the process so I can get it asap. Will update you as soon as I get it with the obligatory awesome pics. ;)

Karl G, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Mongoose AlumiGoose w/ iKon Bamboo
    Blade: Feather Professional (3)
    Brush: Oscar 11, w/Omega 10049 Boar
    Soap: Reef Point Soap Tranquility
    A/S: Proraso
    Bowl: TW 3D Printer Bowl

Very close 3 passes for a very near BBS.
    21 07 17.jpg

Karl G, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Happy birthday.

Herm

11. whiteboy_cannon

Thanks my man!

12. whiteboy_cannon

Thank you! I am 23 years young

13. whiteboy_cannon

Very nice setup Douglas! Love that brush, the color is great and a good boar is always nice to have

14. whiteboy_cannon

Thank you my friend

15. Bird Lives

I've heard these were super.....The camera sure love it!

16. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

thx for the offer but I have 4 OCMM :) - minty gold - minty silver - and 2 scratchers that came with lots - they are amazing and SMOOTH shavers - I don't get the bad press? its a great razor and eazy to find angle

Karl G, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Happy Birthday wb.....Congratulations...23 yrs old and you know the difference between just shaving and really pampering yourself with your shave....Please don't get so busy that you forget....Hopefully you have many years of fabulous "me" times.....enjoy every minute!!!

Karl G, Linuxguile, EzraCobb and 4 others like this.
  18. whiteboy_cannon

That is the plan! Thank you

19. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

I have had a schick type N1 and love using twin nos schick blades from the 70's. I have been looking for a N3 for a long time but those seem as rare as the type O ! I found a Type N2 the other day and it looks almost the same as the N1 but the handle is all rubber - I figure it would shave the same, today I used it for the first time with a NOS Gillette twin blade - I got like 5 or 6 packs of these a while back and finally used it today with the N2. Not sure if it was the razor or the blade - but this was the easiest mildest shave I have had in a While! the b&m slickness also helped.
    Not quite bbs - but DFS for sure and it was a fast 3 pass shave -- love the N2... NOW IF I CAN ONLY FIND A N3!
    [​IMG]

Karl G, Linuxguile, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Happy 23....I almost remember being that young.

I hope nothing I did caused the delay!! Really loved the Musgo Real. I will try the others soon.

Karl G, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.