Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

So.. colour me confused! I had a pack of Personnas some time ago, but cannot remember which. My "local" supplier of such things have 4 (!) different Personna blades.

Personna Super Meds
    Personna Lab Blues
    Personna Plat. Chrome
    Personna Double Edge

Seems to be the Lab that everyone raves about. It's also (Meds aside) the most expensive one, so I may take that as a quality sign. But the packaging on the regular Double Edge-version is nicer :)

Which do I go for and why? I already have a single pack of the Lab Blues and regular Double Edge that I got some weeks ago. Just don't know where to start and I hate bad shaves... :)

Kokak and Tdmsu like this.
  2. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I use the lab blues which I believe they are the same as the super meds, only those go for one more steriliztion process to make them fit for medical applications.

Kokak, Tdmsu and tuxxdk like this.
  3. Gravedigger

Gravedigger New Member

I'm a member as of today. Rockwell 6S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kokak, jwr3265, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  4. Kypros Christodoulides

Welcome to the club.
    Well done, now you will experience the most outstanding shaves.

5. Gravedigger

Gravedigger New Member

First shave no nicks or weepers and no razor burn.Used #2 plate and a polsilver. Smooth on my face but not as good on my neck. Very good for everyday shaving. I'll try a #3 for the next blade and see if it smoother on my neck and no weepers. Very happy wit my first Rockwell shave.

Kokak, Tdmsu, tuxxdk and 1 other person like this.
  6. Gravedigger

Gravedigger New Member

Two shaves with #2 plate and one with #3 and a shave with the #4 still no weepers using the first polsilver .

Kokak, Gnomeo0228 and Tdmsu like this.
  7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm glad to read of your good results. This razor has been amazing for me forty shaves in - the only questionable shaves I've had are with Rockwell blades and a dud voskhod.

Kokak and Gravedigger like this.
  8. Dirtbuddy

Dirtbuddy New Member

My 6C arrived yesterday...looking forward to trying it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tdmsu and Kokak like this.
  9. Kaladin

Kaladin Active Member

I've had the 6C for a few months now, and I must say I really enjoy it! I usually start with #4 WTG and then subsequent passes with #2, either XTG or ATG, depending on my mood. I still switch it up every now and then, but the 6C has become the razor that I use when I need a reliable shave. The Rockwell blades I got with are pretty nice. They are a bit sharper than the Astra SP's I typically use, but they do give a close shave!

Tdmsu and Kokak like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I had totally forgotten about this thread. I guess I'm now part of it as my friend @Kypros Christodoulides sent me a 6C in gunmetal earlier this week.

20170719_152716.jpg

Hembree, Tdmsu and Kokak like this.
  11. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

Very nice looking razor.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks, I like the gunmetal finish on it.

Kokak and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  13. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

I am indeed a Rockwell 6s owner, however I must be in the minority because I really dislike it. Doesn't do it for me at all.

14. Kypros Christodoulides

Of-course everyone's MMV, but you are among the minority who don't like the 6S, or 6C. Maybe something is wrong. Did you try it with different blades? I do use mine with the feather on plate 6 and I have yet to find a smoother razor.

15. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

I have used 4 different blades, each on plate 2,3,4 and all with the same results.

16. Kypros Christodoulides

Why don't you use plate 5 and 6? They are smoother.

17. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

Are they really that much smoother? I used the smaller plates as I have a very sensitive neck area and get in-grown hairs and irritating very bad there.

18. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I'm another on the undecided bench. I have a very conflicted relationship with my Rockwell. The 2c came in with the shaft on the cap only partially threaded and the handle really stuck on and the bottom plate so loose it rattled. Rockwell customer support was exceptional and they shipped out a replacement razor immediately. In the mean time I finally got the handle off the original and it fit smoothly on several other heads and with the bottom plate out of the way I could see that the threads simply stopped way too soon. I used my M5x0.8 die to cut the missing threads and ran my tap down the handle just to clean up any burs and all was healthy again.

But so far the shaves have been less than great and the whole package simply feels awkward while most razors feel like they were custom made for my hand.

I'll keep trying it but so far the razor has not impressed but their support has.

19. Kypros Christodoulides

My neck area is sensitive too, but plate 6 doesn't seem to bother it. Give it a try and then you are absolutely sure the 6S is not for you.

Tdmsu likes this.
  20. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

I will give that a shot. Maybe, just maybe....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.