The Haul: July 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Thank you. I have an extra Stahly....now.. I shaved with it once and couldn't tell if the blade was touching my face because of the vibration. Almost like a numbing feeling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Confirmed, a smooth non-aggressive shave. Having a working handle is a bonus! There's lots of clockwork monkey motions to get gummed up in that handle. Fortunately others swap on if you get a nonfunctional 3000 VPM mechanism.
    IMG_2136.JPG

FaceScraper, AGHisBBS, Enrico and 5 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks to @twhite for getting my vintage GEM JUNIOR blades ready for another century. Only one did not get the GOOD rating by Tom. I am going to give one of these bad boys a try tomorrow morning. These blades were made for stropping, and I will be stropping before and after each shave.

I measured one of the blades and it was .007 inch thick. So they are a little thinner than modern SE blades.

IMG_4713.JPG IMG_4714.JPG

RyX, AGHisBBS, Enrico and 14 others like this.
  4. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Hey Jim, instead of using the one "bad boy" that @twhite couldn't bring back, why not one that he could? :happy097::rofl:

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

What if you used the head on a DE handle?

RyX likes this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It is actually ok. The far edge just did not come in all the way to the edge. The blade stops will cover the bad part.

Besides Jim is a thrill seeker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RyX, jimjo1031 and Jayaruh like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Hey, they are all "bad boys."
    That is what I thought, Tom. I already stropped it for tomorrow.
    sod170725.JPG

RyX, FaceScraper, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

stirling gentleman soap and splash just arrived from canadian blade co.awesome scent.

FaceScraper, RyX, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

From Connaughts - Mitchell's Wool Fat in the ceramic dish.

IMG_1694.JPG

clint64, Roderick, Jayaruh and 13 others like this.
  10. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Just got a Feather Weight in the mail from @twhite for a PIF to a guy I work with. Thanks Tom.
    20170724_172345~2.jpg
    I'm going to give the guy the FW, a new pack of Rite Aid blades, a VDH Boar brush and a stick of Arko.

The guy I gave basically the same set up to last week used it this morning for the first time. When we left work this afternoon at the same time he told me he caught himself feeling his face all day. That normally by quitting time he has a 5 o'clock shadow but not today as he was feeling up his face yet again.

clint64, Jayaruh, RyX and 14 others like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've had a few things come in over the past couple of weeks and this is the first chance I've had to take a few pictures.
    Some were acquired on fleabay and some out in the wild.

First up are some Surrey items. Not super old but not readily available anymore and I got everything at a good price.
    A box set and then a couple pucks of soap.

002.JPG 007.JPG

And then, (wake up, @Jorvaljr ) a couple of Old Spice mugs (50 and 51 for those keeping count). They're not in very good shape but the prices were super low so I couldn't leave them on the store shelf. A Hull Pottery 03 and an Early Glass 02 (three rib). The Hull is in pretty rough shape and I've already given it as vigorous a scrubbing as I dare. It looked much worse before the scrubbing.

004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

And then, a NOS Personna Injector. I know they're not supposed to be a great shaver but I didn't have one, the price was right, and it was NOS. No packaging but the paper tab and the blade blank are there. It needs a little cleaning but appears to be in pretty good shape.

010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG

There's a few more things so I'll start a new post tomorrow when I have a few minutes.

clint64, brit, Jayaruh and 16 others like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wowsers!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@PLAla welcome to the FAT! club brother :eatdrink047::happy088:

RaZorBurn123 and PLAla like this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A few more things recently acquired.

A razor stand for $6. I gave it an initial cleaning but it still needs some work. I wasn't paying close attention when I bought it and didn't notice how narrow the holders were. Only two of my brushes fit and only a couple of razors. It's nice and heavy though and should clean up nicely.

014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG

A long handled T2 Black Beauty in decent shape. It looks pretty good after just an overnight dish soap soak.

018.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG

And a Currier & Ives 2oz set. Both bottles are in good shape and mostly full. I tried some but the scent disappeared rather quickly.

032.JPG 033.JPG

clint64, brit, George X and 15 others like this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The Barbasol Razor showed up this morning and it is even better than I expected. I think it is NOS. The blade pack is sealed, but the cellophane is starting to degrade. I wiped it down with a soft cloth and it looks brand new. The checkering on the handle is clean and crisp. I am happy with the razor. Here is a potato quality cell phone pic.

barbasol.jpg

clint64, brit, George X and 18 others like this.
  16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Stirling goodness! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

clint64, brit, SpeedyPC and 14 others like this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Beautiful Dale!! Congrats!

PanChango likes this.
  18. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

There were two packages waiting for me after a trip out of town-
    First, an order taking advantage of a great sale at Italian Barber (thanks @Linuxguile for the heads up post). Took a flier on $3 soap and $9 blades...
    image.jpg
    and Secondly, a few non-Gillette 3 pieces from @wchnu:
    image.jpg
    Clix on the left, Lux on the right.

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yes, that works well. Standard threads like a Gillette 3pc lets you set the heavy fat wind-up handle aside. So if you do buy one with a nonfunctional handle the cap & base plate are still usable.

AGHisBBS, mrchick and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

What do you think of the scent on Farinik ? I get cinnamon and orange from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.