So much cleaning...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BambulanceMan, Jul 28, 2017.

1. BambulanceMan

BambulanceMan Well-Known Member

Ok so little back story. I have a ton of antique stores near me and I scower the net for auctions and lots of safety razors. I restore them as a hobby. Well got today's lot in and I WAS planning to have a lazy Friday but it looks like I'll start cleaning instead lol. [​IMG]

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Some very nice razors. Have fun!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Kokak and FaceScraper like this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Definitely nice haul! Do you collect, shave with them, or restore and resell?

Kokak, FaceScraper and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. BambulanceMan

What forum do you think im on?! Both of course! Lol but in all seriousness I really like the gems. I have a perfect condition push button that is in my rotation.

Kokak, FaceScraper and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I could hit all the antique shops 'round here AND half a dozen in east PA and not even catch sight of a DE or SE. Str8s...maybe see 3 or 4.

Kokak, FaceScraper, dustmite and 2 others like this.
  6. BambulanceMan

I live near Dallas Texas and I dont know why but I always find at least 1-3 de's on every trip.

7. BambulanceMan

We have multiples of what we call antique malls. Is a giant building with at least a hundred sellers in it.

8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Nicely played. I have a large fleamarket about 30 minutes from my house. Here's what I've found over the the last 15 months:
    IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0336.JPG IMG_0650.JPG
    Total cost $38

Jim99, preidy, Gnomeo0228 and 3 others like this.
  9. BambulanceMan

Amazing!

Kokak likes this.
  10. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Stretching west into central PA won't help with the search... If I do stumble across something shaving related, it's usually double the going rate on eBay.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup.
    Fortunately the bulk of my finds were $10 or less. But that was 7-8 years ago. Back then it was easy to find shave related stuff in the antique shops.

Kokak, FaceScraper and BambulanceMan like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nice haul!
    I have a habit of picking up he Fat Boys, Slims and fat handle Techs that are my favorites.

Kokak, FaceScraper and BambulanceMan like this.
  13. BambulanceMan

Love all three of those. Especially the copper and brass fat handle techs

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I find myself keeping the all the Fat Boys and fat handle Techs I find (especially pre war Techs). Great shaves.

Kokak, FaceScraper, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  15. Houdini5150

Houdini5150 Member

I live in Phoenix and the antique stores and the one large mall I went to, has been hit and miss. I scored a black tip SS from the antique mall for a good price. I came across another gold tone razor but for what it is, 40 bucks was too much. I also went to another antique store in the 'historic' area in a town close by and well overpriced junk.

I think the 2 local "Razor Guys" are finding the good stuff? haha I dunno. I am ok though. I have plenty of razors right now. I am going to work on creams and AS for now.

16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Phoenix is the home of Razor Emporium so I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they either have a professional picker or a standing deal with local antique dealers.

Kokak, FaceScraper, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  17. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

We have a couple of the big antique malls here in Houston as well. Very little razor selection - at least one person thinks he should be getting brand new prices for used "As Seen On TV" razors. Prices like $45 for a REALLY beat up black handled SuperSpeed.

Kokak and BambulanceMan like this.
  18. BambulanceMan

Uuhhgg

Kokak likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yep, I gave up on Houston hunting, a long time ago. Ebay is now my Antique Store.

I can find Straight razors, under $10 on ebay, and the same razors would cost $30-$75 at an antique store, around here.

BambulanceMan likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice haul.