How much more quick are products like witch hazel at healing inflammation or razor burn?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by SlaveShaver, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Actually no. The inflammation is an immune system response to an infection. Folliculitis is caused by staph bacteria. Many people have this living on there skin. An antimicrobial or antibacterial wash should help. Don't believe me ? Ask a Dr. or Pharmacist.

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:
    See a good dermatologist. Witch Hazel won't cure anything.

BigMark83 likes this.
  3. SlaveShaver

SlaveShaver Member

None of this contradicts anything that I said. I understand the mechanism behind folliculitis, and even said in one of my previous posts that a dermatologist said it was probably due to wearing too tight-fitting clothing and that I could take topical antibiotics if it doesn't go away after a few months. I am aware that other people have said that their inflammation - sometimes which has arisen as a result of some type of bacterial infection - has been able to be cured by witch hazel or other natural remedies, which was why I was asking if it was reasonable to suggest that something like witch hazel might work for folliculitis, because I would rather rely on a natural remedy rather than run the risk of allowing the bacteria to become resistant to antibiotics.

4. SlaveShaver

SlaveShaver Member

Yes, as I already said many posts ago, I have seen a dermatologist and he suggested topical antibiotics if it didn't go away after a few months. I am looking to see if there is some other alternative as I am very reluctant to use antibiotics.

Primotenore likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Article Team
    Sorry I didn't catch that. Witch Hazel still won't "cure" anything. Good luck.

6. SlaveShaver

SlaveShaver Member

Sorry, yeah, when I asked I meant helping with it or being good for it. I presume it would keep coming back if I keep wearing too tight-fitting clothing or whatever.

7. Primotenore

Article Team
    Forgive me for chiming in once again. What you have is a inflammatory ailment. There is a great deal of study lately regarding nutrition and inflammatory diseases. Most doctors are not trained in nutrition. It couldn't hurt to look up Mark Hyman, MD and his views. Do a search of "diet and inflammatory diseases".

8. SlaveShaver

SlaveShaver Member

I have been on a whole-foods plant-based diet for almost two years, but again, it is unrelated to that, as my dermatologist said it is mostly likely due to wearing too tight-fitting clothing.

I wouldn't listen to charlatans like Hyman. The diet that he recommends is incredibly dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if he receives money from the meat and egg industries to espouse his views, as is usually the case with these types of people.

9. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Anyone else is thinking Talcum Powder? I use this on hot days were sweating profusely give me a rash. (Not for the upper lip, but rather legs area.)

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

https://www.earthclinic.com/witch-hazel-for-folliculitis.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.