How GeoFatboy Helped Me On My Shaving Journey

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by RetLEO-07, Jul 24, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Before I dove into questa nostra cosa I searched the Interwebs doing my due diligence. One of the first videos I ran across was by this guy in his bathroom. GeoFatboy. I think his stuff is pretty relevant, especially for FNG's like me. So I cherry picked a few off his YouTube channel. As I stated in my "Horatio Alger" thread, Geo didn't put me up to this and I am not receiving any emolument. So sit back, grab a beverage and maybe pick up some knowledge!

And for my brothers that may be interested in the Dark Side:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    RaZorBurn123, George X and Herm2502 like this.
  2. Steve C

Steve C Active Member

When I was a kid, back in the late fifties and early 60's, it was "watch and learn, kid!"

There WAS no ""YouTube," ( I have over 150 videos of my OWN in there) or websites. HECK; there wasn't even a WEB!!

Codo's to GeoFatboy!!

3. RetLEO-07

Well Steve, you can still look at it as "watch and learn kid"... it's now done remotely!!

4. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

Best Youtuber by a wide margin.

5. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I am a "read and try" person, so I don't watch videos much. But they are great for those who like to learn that way.

My dad taught me to shave, way before the Internet became available (let's make that 1985, even if the Web came much later).

6. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Great cherry picks. I have watched all those videos and then some before I dove into this rabbit hole of wet shaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Talneharus

Talneharus Well-Known Member

Watched all of those myself. After eating up my face with my first few DE shaves I realized I needed to do more learning.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

I concur. Geo was a great starting point. Coming here was the next step on the journey.

9. Gary Drainville

Gary Drainville Active Member

I've been watching his videos the past few days while I await my first razor - very helpful.

Vlasta likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I like GeoFatBoy

11. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Every time I watched him shave; it looked like he was already clean shaven.

12. ColtJustice

ColtJustice Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed watching his tutorials on YouTube recently. He's given me a lot of good tips. Definitely worth watching again.

Gary Drainville likes this.