Fine Accoutrements price hike.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Omaney, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I did not say that there had been a price hike on Stirling, just that I wouldn't be offended by one. It is good enough that it could be considered underpriced right now. I too like it with menthol.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    PLAla and Bobcat like this.
  2. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I edited my comment to make my point more clear. Thanks @Bobcat
    I love that TSD lets you edit your comments long after you post them.

PLAla, Bobcat and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I find I have to do a lot of editing here.

Puma likes this.
  4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

$20 for fine is insane when you can buy Barrister Reserve for 19.99 and look at all the botanicals and skin food it has. Chatillon Lux is smaller bottle at 2 oz but it is concentrated, containing no water, so you use less and add a little water, and it's 14. Just saying, I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for rubbing alcohol and fragrance oil.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PickledNorthern likes this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

$15 is at the top end of what I am willing to pay for any aftershave. Just too many out there for less, and I LIKE a lot of the big box aftershaves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  6. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I love my bottle of Platinum and I'm willing to put $20 on an AS but I want some skin healing properties or something at that price like B&M Reserve or more of a cologne strength and longevity like PAA. That being said I like my mentholated bottle of Sharp Dressed Man from Stirling so when Platinum runs out I may have to pick up executive man for $13.50 mentholated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'll drop $13 fiddy on some Stirling. I LIKE the Fine scents, just not $20 worth. It's got to be some hecka good stuff to squeeze that outta me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gnomeo0228 and Puma like this.
  8. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

FYI... prices on Amazon have not changed (no increase) and are still at their legacy prices.

PLAla likes this.
  9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

It's all about priorities; before I'd drop a Jackson on Fine as, I'll buy another straight from the bay, and spend the change on AV musk ;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Keithmax, PLAla and mrchick like this.
  10. Paul Turner

AV Musk is a classic all right

Spyder likes this.
  11. Joachim

Joachim Well-Known Member

I live in Denmark and the price her is around 28 dollars for the fine aftershave and 20 dollars for pinaud clubman/ special reserve. When i look at stores in USA online and see your prices...thats a big difference..but its difficult to get aftershave overseas..

PickledNorthern, Spyder and Keithmax like this.
  12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I like Mr. Fine but think $20 a bottle is a tad steep, glad to see that the soaps didn't increase as well.

Spyder and LevelupShaves like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Kerry, I agree with you. If I want it, a $5 increase is not going to impact my decision to buy Fine aftershaves.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  14. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

If it were really worth the $20 and there weren’t soooo many other options available I would agree wholeheartedly with you. For me at least once you get to the $20 price point you’re in competition with Lucky tiger which is more a lotion and in a bottle twice as big or B&M Reserve which contains a lot of skin conditioning ingredients, or PAA which is a Cologne strength AS with Alum and aloe in it. The majority of Alcohol menthol and fragrance style Aftershaves are in the 8-13 price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 and Spyder like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

This is quite true, but price jumps on most any shaving product compel me to start looking at the alternatives.

Spyder and LevelupShaves like this.
  16. Paul Turner

nicely done double negatory :)

17. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

A 33.333...% increase seems like an effort to resize his customer base. Too many superior products on the market at a much more competitive price point to abide this for me. I like the American Blend, but not at the premium. I'm definitely not in the metric that includes his new customer base.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Oh I understand that completely and agree I will evaluate alternatives but honestly I will be restocking some of my Fine aftershaves despite the price increase.

However, I fully anticipate making a big order of Myrsol aftershaves from Gifts and Care later this year. Their prices are just so good and the shipping costs can be offset when ordering 3 or more bottles at a time.

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've never tried it and thought about trying the American blend, but at $6 an ounce ... I'll pass.

Makes Floid Blue look cheap.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

This has turned out to be an interesting thread.

I too think Fine makes great stuff. I just don't think it's as great at $20 for 100ml. The heads up on the price increase prompted me to purchase an additional L'Orange Noir and American Blend. Of course, with my plethora of aftershaves, I'll probably be bequeathing them to my nephews as unopened, mint condition relics.