An Uzi for an 8 year old

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Michael, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

How very sad. It's not about gun control, it's about stupidity. People should go to jail for this...

2. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Read that yesterday, and there is no end to my dismay for the people that allow an 8 year old to handle an Uzi! Jail is too lenient!

3. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

I think what the guy is going through right now and for the rest of his life, would make jail look like Disneyland. :(

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

That is rediculous. Westfeilds only 20 minutes from me.

5. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Very sad. Made my heart break. I have kids right around that age. I also have several firearms. I've let me 11 year old shoot a pellet rifle and I may let her shoot my .22 next year, but to let a kid discharge an Uzi is just asking for trouble. A fully automatic weapon does not belong anywhere near ANYONE that's not trained and qualified to use it.

6. I too am a firearms enthusiast, but that is rediculous.

7. Will

Will Nevermind

We don't need to control the guns, we need to control the people.

I would like to see a full investigation on this.

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I agree with Will. Gun control is pretty decent, but the government is seriously lacking on idiot control.

9. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

This is what it all boils down to. Guns don't kill people anymore than Chevrolet kills people.

It’s the ignorant wretch in "control" that kills people.

This guy will go through hell for the rest of his life. His jail term will be served in his heart and mind, but that doesn't change the fact that his 8 year old son lost his life to nothing more than stupidity.

Sad, very sad.

10. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Of all the guns to give a child, a loaded Uzi? Whoa. And to think, the father is a doctor of emergency medicine. He probably did everything he could at the scene and could see his son fading. What a terrible memory and loss! If he's married, how do you break that news to your wife?

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

oh, my God........:(

12. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Guns do kill people, that is what they are designed for. To kill!
    They don't dig holes, they don't transport, they don't cook a meal, THEY KILL!

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ehhhh.....let's keep this civil, folks.

Diabetes kills. Heck, life kills. And yes, stupid, ignorant parents kill.

14. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Asbestos kills people. Damn Canadians and their asbestos. Let's specify it a certified deadly product. Yes it is a great fire proofing agent and insulation, that is what it is designed for. But, it kills people!!!! Don't say a product that is designed to kill, is safe though.

15. Queen of Blades

Not a lot in this day and age is considered safe.

Ok, this may be a little flippant I admit, but technically isn't it the bullets' fault more than the gun's? How come no one ever says "Bullets kill"?

16. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Asbestos kills without further human action (assuming it is in the form requried to spread, etc).
    Guns, without a human using them, do not kill. That is the point. Of course they are desigend to kill. Animals, humans, clay pigeons and targets...guns are designed to put holes in them with great force.
    Is it then the gun to blame? This is where the philosophers differ. Generally, I say no. Though I understand those who would rather outlaw one product to keep themselves and their families "safe."

17. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

That's what they are designed for! Except for tranq darts, but those are not technically bullets are they?

18. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Well this here gun, that we are discussing was being used to put a hole in a target. It wasn't anyone meaning to pull the trigger and put a hole in that boys head, but it did.
    If he was at a comic book convention, and he is clumsy, he may have hit himself in the eye with the corner of a comic book.
    But he was at a gun convention, and he was clumsy and he is dead. GUNS KILL!

19. Queen of Blades

Um, no.

His father handed him a loaded Micro Uzi. He meant to pull the trigger, and his father knew this.

The powerful recoil killed him.

No clumsiness involved. Just stupidity.

20. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

And it is very sad.