What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Silverloaf western grind kami
    ID - 1.jpg

2. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

IMG_8578.JPG Ralph Aust 6/8 Spanish point.

3. Navarrsky

Navarrsky Well-Known Member

H. Diamond 8000

[​IMG]

4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Heart Columbia JWest [​IMG]

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Another TSD JWest Sunday morning shave....my trusty old purple-hued Hayashi Diamond 8000
    [​IMG]

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Beautiful!

7. Navarrsky

Kevin, my H. Diamond 8000 razor is also completely purple, like yours, but for some reason it distorts the purple color on the camera.

8. Navarrsky

Thanks, Jared!

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Its tough to capture the true color on that scale material, especially under incandescent lighting. I made some hue adjustments to bring it back 'close' to reality.

10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Dovo Bismarck. In a hurry this morning and danged if the Dovo wouldn't cooperate. The blade left stubble. It's lost it's edge, so to speak. I settled for a socially acceptable shave, and went on.
    I've now sent it to see Mr Franz Swaty for some "behavior modification". :D I've got enough stubble to give it another shot this evening.

IMG_0164.JPG

11. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Henry Sears
    Cade
    homemade brush, tuxedo knot
    The other straight razor the barber gave me. Everytime I use a wedge I wonder why I don't use them more. Nice shave but needs a little work on the heel. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I'm always knocked back when I see that razor. It's a stunner. :happy036:

13. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

Freshly honed, M.E. Rappenhagen, Germany - Diamondine No.7
    [​IMG]
    I hadn't used the RazorRock Santa Maria Fiore Firenze in quite a while because when last I layered it, it was terrible... So, I tried it again.... it was ok, but it wanted to break down quickly and I found myself relathering over and over. Also, for some strange reason, it had small pieces of balled up soap or menthol or some other ingredients that were present in the lather and on my face... I know how to make a lather, I'm sure I face lathered enough. Really though, I still had an enjoyable shave... BBS all around and one small weeper on the Adam's apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. mrchick

15. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

After a counseling session with Mr. Swaty and a good spanking with leather, the Dovo fell back in line and complied by providing a nice two pass bbs. He now goes back to first string :)

16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Today's shave was with my own Blood Thirsty Razor. It has given me two of the worst cuts/gouges I've ever had, in the past. I am always hyper-vigilant when using this razor. So, I had a fantastically smooth 2 pass shave, that left me BBS. It's one of the noisiest razors I own. Probably because it is truly an Extra Hollow Grind. Zero Cuts, Nicks, or Weepers, just smoothness. I've not seen another like this, but, for some reason, it is in my top 10 razors rotation.

Razor- "Respect 4" Germany. Best Silver Steel. Extra Hollow Ground.
    Brush- Omega 10098 Boar
    Soap- Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Aftershave- Shulton Old Spice. Yummy.
    Respect.JPG

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My Strawberry Shortcake razor.

Fessum:

[​IMG]

18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

John Primble "The Governor". Quick three pass smooth shave.

IMG_1487.JPG

19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

20. mrchick

Art Razor Pegasus [​IMG]