Question for people with Schick Dial Adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by blashe, Aug 19, 2017.

1. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Hey guys I just purchased the Schick Dial from ebay and after the purchase I noticed on one of the pictures that the side where the blade is injected it looks somewhat crooked to my eyes. Might be just the picture the way it came out, I also asked the seller to confirm regarding this because if that's the case then I'll ask for refund before he ships the razor... Leaving picture below and hoping someone will chime in, thanks

[​IMG]

2. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that right-side blade tab looks completely out of whack.

How much did you pay for it?

3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'd get a refund. Looks bent to me...

4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Not good.

I'm not saying it might not be repairable but its definitely not right unless you purposely bought a razor advertised as needing work.

5. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

was cheap $13 with shipping, he said that it was bent and he straighten it back with his thumb. I told him as long as the razor is functional I'm ok with it him straighten it back to where it used to be because the razor is a collecting item but it wont be collecting dust and I'll be shaving with it

So when the razors comes I will test it out, if all is well then I'm good to go, if not then ill be asking for refund

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That sounds like a plan. I have gotten some razors that needed a little tweaking before they became great shavers. Good luck with that one. That particular razor is a great shaver.

blashe likes this.
  7. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

if he wasn't able to straighten it out proper then I will, I got bunch of mini pliers at home not a problem at all

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is good to hear. That razor will live to shave another day.

9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I will report once I clean it, put a blade in it, go trough all the settings in 1 shave :)

BTW I also have Pal Adjustable, Schick Krona and Pesonna 74 blades coming my way from Etsy so it will be fun week to test things out and probably at the end of the week I will be getting the Paradigm razor as pass on so one when I receive that one whatever I'm testing has to stop because I will have 7 days to play with it

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like a plan.

blashe likes this.
  11. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

I just held up my Schick Dial Adjustable model to the screen at the same angle, and your razor is definitely bent. I would not buy it. These razors are available in mint condition at modest prices. Whatever damaged it may have caused other damage too. A razor lasts a lifetime (literally) so why not buy a perfect specimen? Do it right. And do it once.

12. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

you don't read all the replies do you? lol

BTW the last 10 in good shape specimens went from 35-50 bucks.... This one was 13 shipped and as you see on the picture no plate loss on it, so if it turns out functioning then it means I got my self pretty good specimen for 13 don't you think?

If I had to spend $50+ on an injector razor then believe me I would of put those money towards the Supply Provision V2 which is done via MIM process, too bad I already have their V1 and it shaves awesome so there was no need to get the V2 at all

13. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

Blashe,

I avoid reading other opinions until I post my answer, to avoid being influenced by others.

Maybe you should set a limit to the number of responses, maybe say only 10 people reply. Works for me. :)

14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It scares me more that he can move it with his thumb??? Sounds ready to break?? My 2 cents.

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I bought my adjustable as a complete cased set with the original instructions for less than $23.00 shipped. Deals can be had for them and I constantly see Schick adjustables without cases for around $20.00. Just have to be patient and wait for them, not every seller wants top dollar.

16. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

I paid about $20 dollars, 3 years ago. The razor was mint, but had no case or instructions. I felt it was a fair price to both parties. It's a very good razor. My razor has the retractable blade feature for safe storage. I understand not all the Schick adjustable have that feature.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was thinking about that also as the bottom plate is one piece. But it's also possible that because there is no blade, the bottom plate can move if pressure is put on it with a finger. With it being bent, it's out of alignment causing less pressure to keep it in place. A blade installed will keep it from moving, just my opinion.

18. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

I have a strong built in bias against buying an injector razor that is in a substantively flawed condition. Otherwise why am I buying it? I might buy a DE razor for parts or a handle, but that consideration generally doesn't apply to an injector razor.

19. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

you said don't buy it but if you read my early reply you will see its too late because I did buy it and then posted here.

Ok everybody, no worries razor is been bought already and if I see something wrong with it it will go back, buying stuff is part of the ebay journey. Lets have little faith into the seller cause he has bunch of sales and 100% feedback. I will report how the razor performs

PickledNorthern and dustmite like this.
  20. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Today I just received the Pal Adjustable, Schick Krona and the Personna 74 blades. I'm really curious if these blades are that good as every body says, first to be tested will be the Pal

Jim99 likes this.