Growing and learning

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's been awhile since I shared updates about Jenna with my friends here. Time to fix that. :D

So, just yesterday, or the day before, Jenna started saying her whole alphabet by herself, fast. A to airplane. :happy102 Airplane, you ask. Yes, she replaces Z with airplane. Airplanes are her latest obsession. Everyone and everything is "airplane". Oh, I know she knows the alphabet ends in Z. She's just silly like that.

She's known her letters for probably 2 years now, but she used to just say every other line of the alphabet song. I'd say "A-B-C-D", and she'd say "E-F-Princess". :rolleyes: :happy102 And so on. All the way through the song.

And she recognizes letters too. She loves the big signs at stores, like Home Depot, Wal-Mart, JC Penny, and she'll make me stop so she can tell me each and every letter. Yes, she can even spell words without looking at them. The girl blows my mind sometimes.

She can count up to 12 and down from 10. Blast off! :love029

Her mental abilities are just astounding. Not much progress as far as the physical progress goes though. Still just crawling. Not even sitting up. Just crawling.

Girl's getting heavy! At least for me to be carrying her for very long. I think she weighs just under 30 pounds, but the stiffness makes her feel heavier to me. And she's more than half my height.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have some pics of her in her Halloween costume to share in a few days. :)

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

And if you want it to stay that way, you'll keep her away from this place! :happy102

'Cause there be some crazies lurking about! :whacky011

3. Queen of Blades

Well, if my 4 year old gets near the computer she wants to "Google something". She's not much interested in shaving. :p

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Glad to hear shes doing well. Show her some pictures of all the big lights and signs in time square. It'll blow home depot out of the H20 :D

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Glad to hear that all is well.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

May God bless her! :)

7. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

Very cool!

Can't wait to see the Halloween pics. What will she be this year?

Happy trick or treating,
    Ken.

8. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Glad things are going well JoAnna :)

9. Queen of Blades

She keeps changing her mind. But she has a couple costumes to pick from. Normally she plays dress up with them, but they are Halloween costumes.

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Thanks so much for sharing! Having met Jenna I know she's quite a girl! She gave us one of her smiles and my wife and I were hooked! ;)

11. Queen of Blades

Yeah, and she wasn't even being social that day. :whacky011

12. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

That's what the smile was for! :cool:

13. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Good goin' sis -- thanks for the update!

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

This is great to hear. Thanks for the updates, and I am looking forward to the pictures!

15. Queen of Blades

We need some baby bragging from you, too. ;)

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Perhaps you missed my avatar and themed picture entries. :D Yeah, I am not proud at all... ;)

17. Queen of Blades

But what's "she" :happy102 doing?

18. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:rolleyes: yeah... This thread is about Jenna. I will do one sometime. ;)

19. Queen of Blades

:p

I guess I forgot to mention to all the new people my daughter has Cerebral Palsy. She was diagnosed at 11 months old. The CP is very mild really. Her biggest obstacle is leg muscle tone, which is tight or in medical terminology; spastic.

Sympathy is not required, though. She wouldn't be her if she didn't have CP, is my thought on the matter. And while I feel a parent's responsibility for the situation, as many mothers do regardless of the facts, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

20. Damon

Damon Member

Wonderful news, I like airplanes as well, and just the other night I found out they put a simulator in Google Earth under tools its fun to fly it.