Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

IMG_3044.JPG Whenever I've skipped a day of shaving I perform a 2 or 3 pass shave.

So a two-day growth called for a multi-pass shave, which I decided to do on Sunday night. I was looking forward to it as I hadn't done a multi-pass with the Schick adjustable in this first week of short 3-week razor focus.

My 3-pass shave gave me one of the easiest BBS shave ever! Iwas facerbating all evening long. (Could I go blind?)

I chose adjustable settings at 7-5-1 for the WTG, XTG and ATG passes, respectively.

This shave was so much more comfortable and close than my daily, workweek one-pass shave has been (ATG - @setting 3).

That usual one-pass, workday shave is fine for a CCS, but the shave today has caused me to seriously consider going to a 2 or 3 pass during the week.

Aword on soaps...Stirling soaps are truly luxury-quality soaps. Every Stirling soap I've tried is top notch in every category we look for in a soap, yet priced to match most everyday brands.

Cheers!
    RT

ps - thanks for the reminder to @Karl G - I'll be using a NOS Twin blade all next week
    :happy088:

2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

...and speaking of almost going blind...Seattle's eclipse view today was at 90% totality.

IMG_3053.JPG

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

What a Cool looking Pooch ! Noble looking youngster....and your shave was shining....:happy088: Veddy nice photo!

clint64, Karl G, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks Daddy-o!
    For a minute there I didn't know who you were calling Pooch!
    :happy102:

twhite, clint64, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 22nd Aug

Schick N3 & Schick Twin [ 4-Japan]
    I have been of late using a few AC powered modern SE Razors , and today went Vintage. I have to say that when
    paired up with the Japanese Twin Schick, it shaves incredibly smoothly in all areas, deals with my stubborn growth
    extremely well. Honestly gives the new kids on the Block a run for their money.

IMG_1521.jpg

6. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Very Nice N3! Those are hard to find and I have not had any luck. I used a N1 with a Modern Twin Japanese blade and it gave me a VERY easy BBS shave every time and its so fun. Amazing, all these new fancy razors and really Col. Schick created the best shaving system - THE INJECTOR!!! than along came the TWIN blades and suddenly nobody bought injectors, shame as the twin blade in the injector actually feels to do what the Gillette Trac II commercials claimed - I actually feal a twin injector blade lift and remove the whiskers...

Rufus T., clint64, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  7. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Did the Pooch get spooked by the eclipse?

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 22, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick L1 injector
    Brush: Surrey badger
    Lather: Soap Commander Fortitude
    Post: Witch hazel, Jeeves of Hudson Street Tobacco Bay Leaf aftershave
    WTG, touch up

Schick L1 this morning. Mild shaver but easy to use and effective. Nice results in the end. Have a great day!

SOTD 8-22-17.JPG

Jayaruh, Rufus T., clint64 and 4 others like this.
  9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

August 22, 2017

Envy Shave 'Eight Ball' with White Two Band
    Aqua Di Parma
    Colonial Razors The General
    Feather Pro Super
    Fine Italian Citrus
    ADP Colonia Essenza

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

IMG_0258.JPG Loved the C3 yesterday and loved it again today. This is one of my all-time favorite razors. :happy036:

Happy shaving everyone - Karl

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, jmudrick and 9 others like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good looking razor Karl.

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I think he was more perplexed about me coming home from work at 10:30 a.m.!

13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 23rd August

Ever Ready " Streamline" & Gem S/S coated [ 1 ]
    After Shaving with modern AC Powered SEs , this is aggressive, but delivers a great Shave.

IMG_1523.jpg

14. PLAla

SOTD August 23, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick M adjustable injector
    Brush: Omega Hi synthetic
    Lather: Strop Shoppe Baker Street
    WTG, touch up

My lack of focus continues, but I have at least used the Schick adjustable a good bit this month in following the thread's theme. Today's shave was nice and easy. The Strop Shoppe soap lathered easily and produced slick and comforting lather. Normal patterns of passes produced a close and smooth shave. The Stirling aftershave is top-notch and feels silky when going on. Overall a great mid-week shave.

Have a nice day!

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  15. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

23 Aug 2017

Todays shave is brought to you in part by:
    SGT Fuzzy

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Soap: Arko Wednesday
    (I have to pickup a puck of Williams)
    Brush: JR #180 Badger, 3 Band
    Razor: GEM Flying Wing/Bullet Tip MicroMatic (FWMM), on loan from Sgt Fuzzy
    Blade: PAL(same one as before)
    Post-Shave: Pinaud Clubman Finest Talc
    Photo:
    SOTD 23 Aug 2017.jpg

Today's shave was pre-planned so that I could get the picture. I normally do not pre-plan my shaves so it felt kind of odd having to shave with what I choose the day before. I usually just grab what ever suits my fancy at that time. Now on to the shave. Today's shave was again very mild. Was it the well used blade or the razor? I do not know. I do know that today's shave was an all around good shave. It did leave a few spots that could be improved but did not leave any irritation. My next shave I will use a Treet blade that has no more than 3 shaves on it just to see the difference that makes in the shave.

To sum it all up the Flying Wing is another razor that will have a place in my den. It may not have a place in my standard rotation but will stay in the den as an example of a very mild razor. It is also one that I will force my 18yr old son to use before I send it back to its owner.

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:signs021: B & W Perry.

Karl G, clint64 and PLAla like this.
  17. PLAla

Thank you!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

What blade did you use Herm?
    I have a MMOC, Clog Pruf and a Bullet Tip that I'm getting ready to try out.
    Along with a bunch of other Gem 1912 varieties with a couple of "Lather Catchers" thrown in.
    I don't like the Gem SS PTFE blades so I have ordered some Blue Star carbon blades.
    I know that some razors can use Feather blades.
    I just don't want to spend the money for them if I can get a better shave at a lesser cost with the Blue Star's.

19. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

WOW
    That is so cool.
    You certainly have metal working skills.
    Ron

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 24th August

ER 1924 + EJ89 handle with Gem Coated [2] with 1/2 Spine Shim
    The merits of shimming is debatable but it works for me.

I had an incredibly smooth Shave [ with a 1924! ] and a finish that rivals those I have had with AC powered SEs. The likes of the Sabre/Rocnel and Gem ATT will have to be good to better this, especially where cost is concerned.

IMG_1529.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Karl G and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.