Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

I think he already has achieved that calling.
    Thanks Tom

Karl G, clint64 and Jayaruh like this.
  2. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

08/27/2017
    Jamie's Sunday Night Shave..
    I was in the mood for a cold shave..
    1. Stirling barbershop pre shave oil
    2. Rod George Custom Synthetic Brush
    3. Stirling Glacial Wintergreen soap
    4. GEM open comb micro-matic
    5. new PAL carbon blade
    6. Stirling Wintergreen witch hazel & aloe
    7. FLOID vigaroso aftershave
    8. Stirling glacial unscented balm

[​IMG]

3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

August 27, 2017

Razor: Schick J1 Injector
    Blade: Schick Proline B (2)
    Brush: 30DC/Pure Badger
    Cream: KMF fragrance-free

Another near-BBS from the J1 and Proline. One small weeper from a total technique failure. I think I'm going to try and finish out the month with this razor and blade; maybe I'll get a sense of the Proline's longevity.

jimjo1031, Linuxguile, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

August 28, 2017
    Gem Damaskeene Open Comb
    Gem GTFE (3)
    Ever Ready 100T with TGN Finest
    CRSW Jeff’s Soap
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, captnronfl and 4 others like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm always rotating my razors, with one week being dedicated to DEs, next week injectors and the week after that SEs. Of course I use my SRs on weekends. This is my SE week and I've decided to use my Gem MMOC all week.

I did a two pass shave, using a Gem Personna blade. I paired it up with the last of my Stirling glacial lemon chill (must order more) and my Maggards 24mm synthetic. I ended up with a BBS all around! Nice!

The key to a great shave with the MMOC is to use a light touch, watch your angles and use a slick soap.
    IMG_2607.jpg

jimjo1031, MPF9, captnronfl and 4 others like this.
  6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 28, 2017

Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick E2 injector
    Brush: Vulfix badger
    Lather: C.O. Bigelow cream
    Post: Alum, witch hazel, Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave
    WTG, touch up

The E2 was a little rough on me this morning. Ended up with some redness and irritation. Oh well....can't win them all!

Have a great day!

SOTD 8-28-17.JPG

jimjo1031, MPF9, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  7. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Monday 28 Aug 2017

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: Franks Shaving ????
    Soap: C. O. Bigelow
    Razor: Superior 1900 Lather Catcher
    Blade: Treet? (#1)
    Post-Shave: Thayers After Shave WH
    Photo:
    SOTD 28 Aug 2017.jpg

Today's was a shave of firsts for me. It was the first time I have used this shaving brush, the first time I have used a lather catcher and shave #1 on this blade. The brush I just received Saturday from Franks Shaving in China from eBay. I had ordered a 24mm Silvertip, though I think I got a 28mm Finest Badger. I believe this due to the brush measures with my caliper at about 28.5mm and more resembles one of the seller Finest Badger brushes. I have contacted the seller and we'll see what comes of it. I was wanting a 24mm Silvertip but do not dislike this one. It was just not the one I was wanting/hoping for.

Menthol Monday. I went with the C.O. Bigelow for Menthol Monday. An almond size dollop in the brush made a good lather to take the Superior for a test drive. I did two passes and found out what all the hubbub/hype was about on those lather catchers. OMG dolphins got nothing on me. I foresee a day of facebation in my future today. The last time I got this good of a shave was the first shave of my GEM Damaskeene, the two oldest razors I have. If these old razors shave this well why did they ever change razor design?

In my MicroMatic journey I had issues that were cause either by technique or by razor usage(blade dulling). To help with this I am going to do a 30 Day Rule/Focus thing and see how long a blade will last me before I have noticeable issues with the blade. To achieve this I will use the same blade for every shave. The blade I used today is a Treet blade i believe or it may be a blade from Rite Aid. As the blades look identical except for the outside packaging and are all made by American Safety Razor I will from this point on refer to the blade as a Treet blade.

I recently picked up some Williams soap so my next shave will be a Williams Wednesday with the Superior 1900 again.

No dolphins were harmed in the making of this SOTD review.

jimjo1031, MPF9, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

August 28, 2017

Razor: Schick J1 Injector
    Blade: Schick Proline B (3)
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 22
    Cream: KMF fragrance-free

The Proline B is definitely a sharp and smooth blade. Unfortunately, I really need to adjust my technique for this combo as, for the second day in a row, I almost nicked myself with an off-side G-slide. I'm trying something new with resting my razor and I think it may be making a positive difference. One way or another, I ended up with an effective BBS and no issues.

This morning, I came across an Eversharp Schick advertisement that I had never seen before:
    [​IMG]
    In 1957, Eversharp-Schick was definitely pushing hard to get these razors into peoples' hands. Not only was there an offer of a money-back satisfaction guarantee or 40 free blades for the purchaser, but apparently they were 100% underwriting the costs to the retailer. Talk about giving away the razor and making money on the blades!

BTW, I love the description of the new LONG model (what we call the J1)- "Styled for men who prefer the new feel and shaving ease of a long handle razor!" Was this really a concern in 1957?

Jim: What's the matter, Bob? You seem out of sorts.
    Bob: It's my razor, Jim. The handle is so short that I just can't seem to get a good shave without a lot of work. If only someone made a razor with a long handle.

jimjo1031, EzraCobb, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

+1 on burning the first blade. Also, I wouldn't recommend using those blades. The blade quality from that era wasn't very impressive. But you might try it for a pass and then compare it to a modern blade or NOS from the 70s or later (Krona, Plus Platinums, etc.) so you can have the experience. :happy088:

EzraCobb, Jim99 and clint64 like this.
  10. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

Monday, August 28, 2017
    Rocnel SE-P razor w PolSilver Iridium blade
    My Favorite Badger Brush

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  11. EzraCobb

agreed! I find injector blades from 1970's amazing and get better after 1974 - persona - gilette - kmart store brand - schicks to be just amazing and sharp as a feather but NOT harsh at all because there thick blades - I still need a Holland Schick blade - those are hard to find. I once tried a old injector blade before 1970 and it was horrid - never again - I save the blades that come with old razors - as sacrifice blades for empty injectors..

12. EzraCobb

August 28th - Monday

Used the GEM OCMM again with the PAL Carbon blade on 2nd shave. I just love these carbon blades - the feel so smooth and glide so easy! this GEM OCMM has never cut my or caused any irritation, It falls behind the EverReady 1914 mini lather catcher as my second favorite SE gem style.. Such a great razor - TTO and Open Comb as well - just perfect..

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jim99, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 28th Aug

Brass General & S/S Handle with Feather Pro [ 5]
    Still looking for a handle that works for me. Feels quite aggressive and got a better shave yesterday with the ATT/Proline.

IMG_1543.jpg

jimjo1031, Karl G, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

August 29, 2017
    Gem Damaskeene Open Comb
    Gem GTFE (4)
    Ever Ready 100T with TGN Finest
    CRSW Jeff’s Soap
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

15. PLAla

SOTD August 29, 2017

Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick I1 injector
    Brush: JR #142 black badger
    Lather: Soap Commander Influence
    Post: Witch hazel, Jeeves Black Tea aftershave, Soap Commander Influence balm
    WTG, touch up

The Schick I1 never disappoints. So smooth and comfortable. Great shave this morning. Enjoy your day!

SOTD 8-29-17.JPG

jimjo1031, Karl G, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  16. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

Almost SEptember ... ;)
    Just to brag a bit, here my SE razors:

[​IMG]

EverReady 1912 England.

[​IMG]

Rocnel.

[​IMG]

El Jefe / Cadman handle.

[​IMG]

RazoRock "Hawk" black.

[​IMG]

Colonial Razors "The General".

[​IMG]

ATT SE2.

[​IMG]

ATT SE1 aluminum.

[​IMG]

Claymore / Maggard MR7 handle.

A SEptember 2017 thread started yet ? ;)

jimjo1031, Karl G, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very colorful picture Perry. Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla and Linuxguile like this.
  18. PLAla

Wow - terrific collection! Quite jealous.

Thank you, Clint!

clint64 likes this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I took a family photo of all of my SE's last night, Looking forward to SEptember:
    [​IMG]

I also have a Schick J1, L1, and N1 inbound. Trying to complete my Schick alphabet.

Karl G, Jim99, BearCWY and 1 other person like this.
  20. PLAla

Very nice! One day I'll get one of those injectors with the navy handle. Or the turquoise handle. Those are so neat!

Karl G and Linuxguile like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.