How many passes in your daily shave?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Zen Master Kool-Aid, Oct 31, 2008.

1. WTG, XTG, ATG for a total of a 3 pass shave?

That's my best shave, but I get weepers if I go more than 2 passes and take an ATG.

2. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I now do a 3 pass shave. Before I found "My" blades I was doing 5. Green pack 7 O'clocks are awesome

3. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

Most of the time it is a two pass shave. The first pass is WTG, using short straight strokes.

The second is pretty much XTG, using more or less a long diagonal stroke. That and a few touch-ups here and there is about it.

I can't do ATG often, as it leads to redness and bumps on the neck line. If I have something to do after work and need to have a close shave to last all day I will go ATG. However I don't do it as part of my routine.

4. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Three passes and some touch ups.

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

2 pass and touch up. Because my beard grows from nose to ear I do 1 xtg & then 1 atg. If everything is right and the planets align, it's bbs. Otherwise it's a really close shave. Either way I'm happy.

6. J T

J T Member

Monday thru Friday, the classic one pass with touch up.

Saturday, the luxury two pass shave.

I don't shave ATG and I don't strive for BBS.

7. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Lately, 2 passes with a touch up on a couple of tougher to get spots.

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

One with, one across, and one against. Touch up where needed.

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I started off my first year or so doing 3 passes -- the standard WTG, XTG and ATG... however I never could quite shake the occasional ingrown on my lower neck. Since then I've ditched the ATG pass and still do 3 passes, just now it's WTG, XTG and XTG 180 degrees opposite. No ATG pass on the neck.

10. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Three. WTG, XTG, ATG and then followed by a 4th oil pass for blade buffing touch up. Do get a weeper or two now and then if I am not careful on the oil pass. But the shaves are great and fun to do.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Three passes for me :)

12. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Day to day it's 2 passes one WTG and one XTG, but when I want a great BBS shave it's 3 passes, one each WTG, XTG, ATG.

13. northpaw

northpaw New Member

Since I started shaving with a straight, I now usually do two passes: one with the grain, then one that's across in some places and against in others. Generally followed with a touchup around the bottom of the chin.

14. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

3 pass....1 WTG and 2 ATG. My face is weird and XTG is only achievable on my checks and upper lip. 4 passes if I wanted the ultimate bbs.

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

2 passes-the first one WTG, the 2nd one ATG, with a little touching up where it's required. Saturday and Sunday, occasionally a 3rd light pass XTG.

16. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Normally 3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG). Quick shave are 2 pass (WTG, XTG), and a few blades take a 4 passes to get a good shave (WTG XTG, XTG, ATG).

17. cvac

cvac Member

So far, I am doing basically 2 passes, then touch up, mostly all WTG, though I am beginning to experiment with XTG. I will probably never do ATG b/c it led to bad ingrown hairs years ago when I did it with a cartridge razor. Before starting DE recently, I would do one pass WTG shaves with cartridge disposables.

18. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

1 Wtg 2 Xtg

19. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Non-Slant = 4 passes ( 2 WTG, XTG, ATG)

Slant = 3 passes ( WTG, XTG, ATG)

marty

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

2 1/2 pass with touch up

1) North South with ACD-N
    2) Left Side L to R, Right Side R to L at 45 to 90 degrees depending on area.
    2 1/2) South North Jawline

Touch ups usually on neck hollows and under chin.