Why didn't someone tell me about this?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by ColtJustice, Sep 1, 2017.

1. ColtJustice

ColtJustice Well-Known Member

Why didn't someone tell me the Merkur Vision was just too aggressive, even on the lowest setting, and that I could get a much better shave with something else? :cool: Okay, I know some of you mentioned it already. I just got my Merkur 34C and a Crown King scuttle today. Used them for the first time with the generic blade that came with the razor. Used my usual Proraso green with the scuttle and got the best lather I'd have yet, and let me tell you, warm shaving cream feels just awesome! :happy093: I am used to my Vision, so I started a little tentative. But soon realized that this was an awesome razor! Three pass shave, no nicks, no cuts, no weepers, nothing but perfection. Lather stayed warm all three passes. I have to give this my A+ rating as my best shave since I started Double Edge shaving. I'm just sorry I'm finished. Can't wait until tomorrow! :eatdrink047: Oh, by the way, it was also the closest shave I've had since DE shaving. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 9.5, but that's because I still have room to work on my technique.

Jayaruh, Primotenore, Kokak and 11 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If you like that, the Edwin Jagger Kelvin is the brother from another mother in razors. :eatdrink047: I gave my son one for Christmas and he rave about it so much his wife swiped it on him. :rofl:
    [​IMG]

I was choosing between this and the Merkur 34C and pick the Edwin Jagger Kelvin only because he can change the handle if he chooses to. :D

Kokak, Demidog, Sevenbark and 3 others like this.
  3. ColtJustice

I definitely like the bigger handle. The picture of the EJ looks a little bigger than the 34c. Maybe he can get his wife the 34c and take his back. :happy108:

Kokak and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

He's probably gonna buy her this ...
    [​IMG]
    Longer handle.

Kokak, Douglas Carey and ColtJustice like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

People who told you that haven't really mastered the tools. That said, glad the 34c is a natural. Stick to it for a while, it will get really good!

6. ColtJustice

I should have started with the 34c instead of the Vision. I'd be worlds ahead of where I am now. The Vision is definitely NOT a beginners razor. I learned that the hard way.

Kokak, Douglas Carey and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the Merkur 34C is not only a beginners razor, but an excellent razor for anyone who likes a good shave.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kokak, Enrico, Douglas Carey and 2 others like this.
  8. ColtJustice

If the object of shaving is a close, comfortable shave, then you're exactly right.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Well ...

http://theshaveden.com/forums/index.php?threads/23054/

Great you found "your" razor now.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. It was my first DE. Now I have three HDs - a 34C, a 34G, and a 34C with a custom red mallee handle.

11. ColtJustice

I really like the idea of having an adjustable handy, so since my Vision is down for the moment, I bought a Futur clone. It came today, so I'm torn between testing it, tonight, or staying with the 34c. Also got some Personna Lab Blue blades to try.

Kokak likes this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Good for you sir. Enjoy your shaves.

13. Pf3427

Pf3427 New Member

I use an Ikon with the Edwin Jagger head. Talk about perfection! PF

Enrico likes this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Brother-in-law at Dovo-Merkur?