Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

SEptember 3, 2017
    Cobra Classic
    Schick Proline
    BSB-2 with Vie Long 2 Band Fan
    Reef Point Tranquility
    Fine Lavender

[​IMG]

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy096: Enjoy your day Clint.

clint64 likes this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Amigo.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This is true. I am shaving with some that @twhite honed for me. It is pretty cool to shave with a 100+ year old blade.

Jim99, Karl G, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Sunday's SE Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Palmolive Classic Shaving Cream
    B 400 by Tom
    Gem 1911 Lather Catcher
    Original Gem Cutlery SE
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Palmolive Classic Shaving Cream face-lathered well with the B 400 by Tom Badger brush. I did the two passes with the Gem 1911 Lather Catcher and vintage Gem Jr. blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Linuxguile, Safe As, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  6. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

3 SEptember
    3rd Shave for SE September

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 22mm Maggards Synthetic
    Soap: Electric Sheep, Stirling
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
    Post-Shave: Witch Hazel, CVS
    Photo:
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, Safe As, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent picture and setup.

GarnerPW and clint64 like this.
  8. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Continuing my march into SEptember with another 1912 - the Streamline. I snagged this pristine example with the help of @Billyfergie. It's heavier and the handle has one of the best grips I've used. And the shave? Simply fantastic in every way. A very light touch lets the blade edge just glide along the skin. Those dolphins are really jealous now. :rofl:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Mike's Naturel Soaps Hungarian Lavender
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Ever-Ready Streamline
    GEM SS PTFE (3)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

Ever-Ready Streamline AOS MNSHL SM AOS.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

twhite, Linuxguile, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great looking razors and brush Karl. :happy096:

clint64, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Luxurious Shaver those Streamlines..Any Resemblance to a 1912 is Purely Cosmetic & it Ends Right there..:git:

Billy..:chores016:

twhite, MPF9, targa88 and 4 others like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats! Beautiful set!

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD September 3, 2017
    A Stirling SEptember

Blade: GEM stainless
    Razor: GEM Pushbutton
    Brush: Semogue 1520 boar
    Lather: Stirling Grapefruit with menthol
    Post: Witch hazel, Stirling Grapefruit with menthol aftershave
    WTG, touch-up

Pushbutton today for a nice shave. I really like this razor. It works a little better for me than the Featherweight. I like the vintage look and heavier feel. Smooth shaver and I usually get great results from it.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 9-3-17.JPG

Linuxguile, Jayaruh, Safe As and 5 others like this.
  14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy096:

clint64, Billyfergie and PLAla like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: ATT Bamboo SE1
    Blade: Feather Pro (3)
    Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
    Soap: Eufros Tierra Humeda
    A/S: Old Spice
    Decanter: Old Spice Binoculars 1973 ID #3229

Another DFS.
    3 09 17.jpg

Old Spice ships from 1973-1976 had 2 flags and an anchor showing off the two bow sails. Not sure if you can see this in the photo, however, I have another decanter that shows it better and I'll point this out when I post it.

Linuxguile, Jayaruh, Safe As and 6 others like this.
  16. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Razor - Schick E1
    Brush - vintage butterscotch handle with new badger knot
    Lather - Proraso sensitive
    Post - Proraso liquid creme tonifier sans alcohol

IMG_1798.JPG

twhite, Linuxguile, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture and setup. Welcome back!

clint64 likes this.
  18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

The following is copied from a thread by @BillyFergie from Aug 10, 2015 Titled: The Grand Ultimate Schick Injector....I felt it should also be over here... (The Original: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-grand-ultimate-schick-injector.46386/#post-1310745 )

Schick Type F Injector....:)
    I received my Schick Type F in the post a few days ago from the USA....I gave it a polish and it came up Shiny, Shiny....The Schick Type F was made in 1941 and was only made for a few months because precious alloy metals were commandeered for the war effort....The Schick Type F is made of high quality polished Aluminium, Copper & Brass Comb.....These are very rare and hard to find at the right price...I just sit and look at this thing as its absolutely beautiful ....I have been informed that these were one of the smoothest shavers ever made....:cool:

1. I loaded the Type F with an NOS Schick Platinum injector Blade....Martin (Dodgy) had informed me to be careful loading these.....The Type F is very tricky to load and it took a moment of farting about as the key doesn't seem inject the blade all the way across....I found that it loads easier when the razor is empty for some reason...:)

Three Pass Shaving Routine....:p

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
      Schick Type F Injector
      Chinese Schick Injector Blade (New)
      Semogue Classic 208 Boar Brush
      Alphy & Becs Natural Shaving Soap - With Jojoba Oil - Vitamin E
      Organic Aloe Vera Gel
      LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

During my first pass I thought the Schick Type F was living up to its reputation as being a very smooth shaver and then I was suddenly getting a very Ruff Ride....The Damn Thing Stopped Cutting.....I decided to change the blade as it was a DUD I thought and opted for an NOS Schick Krona Blade instead.....I am away on Maiden Shave again with the Schick Type F and I completed my WTG Pass without further incident....I went for my Second XTG pass and I was getting a Very Rough Ride Again....I mean this thing was as Rough as a Badgers A+se and talk about uncomfortable.....I was having the worst shaving experience of my life here folks and I kid you not I wasn't a Happy Hector.....I was thinking that the Schick Type F was a Piece of Old Junk that was only Fit for the Bin....:D

I Farted about with all sorts of shaving angles and I had it in my mind that I may have been spoiled recently with my experience's with the Personna Executive & Floating Head Injectors....I sort of ruled out a second DUD blade .....I was really disappointed in the Schick Type F Injector as I ended up with a Mediocre Shave and it was very uncomfortable.....I was thinking of sticking the Schick Type F up on EBay and letting some other bugger have the Pleasure of Shaving with its Company.....I was Miffed to say the least....:angry019:

Yesterday I decided to have another attempt with the Schick Type F as it was annoying me....I decided to load it with a Chinese Schick Injector Blade...The Krona Blade might not be agreeing with it I thought...That was when I realized that I must have Ruined the previous blades whilst attempting to load it....I was using a Chinese Schick Injector Key and it seemed to fit the F Type better ....I still had to make sure the blade was seated correctly but it was easier to load....:cool:

Well...What a complete turn around as the F Type was being transformed into a Magic Wand....I was in Love Again with my Schick Type F Injector....Schick Type F is so Smooth, Smooth and it was indeed living up to is reputation...I cant get away with the performance of the Schick Type F Injector...Its way up there with the Personna Executive & Floating Head Injectors for sure and probably then some ....I was thinking to myself that this thing may perhaps be the GRAND ULTIMATE SCHICK INJECTOR ....I thought my Type D was the business, but this thing is a totally different animal as the Head Dimensions are a lot bigger and it has a fair amount of Blade Exposure....It leaves your Skin just Smooth, Smooth, Smooth like nothing else I can compare it to....I would say its quite an aggressive shaver on the whiskers but ever so forgiving and mild towards the face....A bit of a paradox, I know....:)

I ended up with the Most Perfect Ultra Smooth Super Close Grand Ultimate BBS Result.....;)

The Schick Type F Injector does live up to its reputation as the Grand Ultimate Schick Injector and its up there with the Personna Executive & Floating Head Injectors that's for sure and maybe then some...:chores016:

Billy
    2. [​IMG]
      MisphitWell-Known Member
      I like the art deco styling of the razor. It is much more appealing than the handles of the type G's that I own. How is the weight comparison between the two? It looks like the F would be a heavier handle.
    3. [​IMG]
      GDCarringtonBurma Shave
      To me the Type F is the most aggressive of the injectors and along with my type I and J hydros is one of my favorites.
    4. [​IMG]
      BillyfergieThe Scottish Ninja

I like the art deco styling of the razor. It is much more appealing than the handles of the type G's that I own. How is the weight comparison between the two? It looks like the F would be a heavier handle.
      Aye, the F type is the heavier of the two & a bit bigger in size....The smallest & lightest Schick Injector that I own is the D type...Its a very petite injector and also very smooth, but not quite as aggressive as the F type....:chores016:

5. [​IMG]
      Bird LivesFuture Root Beer King of Turkey
      I accidently came across this as I was perusing our archives earlier today...

I had to bump it up...I'm now thinking this is the Schick-Buster!!! The Schick Buster is a Schick after all...lol!!!

This New Improved Schick Injector is a shaving dichotomy....It is my smoothest and most aggressive razor, and yet it is extremly forgiving....It contains many contradictions, but always delivers incredible shaves!

And once again I agree with our SE & Injector Party Librarian.....The almost Magical performance of this razor, depends on having a blade loader with a key that fits this razor in such a way, so you can load a blade without buggering the edge against the blade stops. And I was paying attention and still blunted several blades without realizing it! But the Chinese Schick and EMS/Personna types reload easy...When this is acheived the shave is magic wand like....

I also love the Schick C3 Repeater! I think these 2 might be my favorite razors with the F type being the Grand Ultimate Injector...I mean techniquely the C3 is a Repeater and not an "Injector" anyway...so apples and oranges.....So it looks like my favorite razors are The New Improved Schick Injector and the Schick Simplified Automatic Repeater

Still working on my New Signature Shave Kit....Maybe the C3 for traveling and the F type for daily...But this new signature shave kit is looking like this so far...
      [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]
      RaZorBurn123waiting hardily...............
      The Schick F type is one I'd like to get, I could have bought one a couple of years ago on eBay for $20. :angry032:

RaZorBurn123, 10 minutes ago

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Linuxguile, Jayaruh, Safe As and 5 others like this.
  19. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Yup, you got that right. Technically not a 1912, unlike the variant I will use later this week. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.