How's Your Day? September 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Aug 31, 2017.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Yeah! Gotta love the Rock! No cigar?

3. PickledNorthern

I gave them up. Too hard to keep away from the cigarettes in between. And five months out of the year it's too damn cold to enjoy one anyway.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

We have AC, when it's as hot as it's been unfortunately it wasn't as effective as I'd like.
    But to answer your question probably 2 or 3.

PickledNorthern and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I wear a Paracord bracelet at times, I believe my cords are longer, I'll check. I'm a big fan of being prepared, living in earthquake country you never know.

RyX likes this.
  6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yeah, not much of an earthquake hazard here, but we can have them. More of a winter storm, tornado, get stuck in the woods, or stuck on the hwy concerns here.

Just ordered this to incorporate in a bracelet.
    [​IMG]

Small ferrocerium rod and a striker... just in case I am separated from my pack, car, etc, and soaking wet I should be able to light a fire for signaling/warmth. Of course all my tinder would be in my pack or car. But a spark is a start.

RyX, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Wouldn't it be easier and more effective to just put a disposable butane lighter in your pocket?

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just great, now we're going to get into an argument over who's "cord" is longer. :rofl: :scared007:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Working, but will hit the road in 30 minutes.

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Sure, if I want to carry a lighter all the time. I have a tendency to bend keys that are in my pocket. Not really planning on having a lighter in there. Plus, I am not allowed to have those at work... unless part of a science lab

Now, I do have lighters and matches in my pack and in the car. They just aren't allowed at work. Also, you can't count on a lighter to light. It is too easy for a neglected lighter to accidentally be pressed and loose its butane. Also, the flint mechanism could be messed up on a drop/fall. When wet, they don't always light properly either. So, yeah.. A ferrocerium rod may seem primitive, but this is just one of the many methods I have ready for when I need them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  11. PickledNorthern

Well I didn't figure is was 83 in the house.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The day after Labor Day is when NYC teachers go back to work. It's what retired teachers call "Gloating Day."

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    My interview went pretty well, I think. I didn't pass out.

Those must be some tight pants! :rofl:

macaronus, RyX, Intrigued and 2 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Was over at my Mom's to make measurements of a couch I'll be getting from there. So sad to be in the house alone :-(. Then I went to get a much needed haircut(I was beginning to look like I had one of those Davy Crockett coonskin caps on).

SharptoothC, AGHisBBS and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. Paul Turner

What was it for? (The interview, not the pants).

16. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Pretty decent weekend....high school team got trounced, but the band rocked. Saturday, got some woodworking done, then watched the Tide Roll. Sunday, good worship service, son's 15th birthday party. Monday went shooting (got to fire an AR...and it is now in the shopping cart for when my gift card arrives :) ). Today, back to work...Tuesday's after a Monday off are always, just....just.....BGDAAAAH!

17. Queen of Blades

Did I miss something? :(

Cashier at Lowes, part time.

macaronus and RyX like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Miss something about me being at my Mom's house and sad to be there alone, you mean?

19. Queen of Blades

Yes. Did something happen?

20. Paul Turner

She passed away Aug. 10, after about 9 days in the Skilled Nurse&Rehab area of where she was sent. Very peaceful and comfortable place she had..they couldn't have taken better care of her.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017