Do you ever go for a 2nd shave.....just because?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Padron, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wondering....:signs002

Do you ever shave in the morning, and then have another shave in the evening? or shave in the evening and then have another shave in the morning?
    trying to keep that BBS close shave going....

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Once a day is the most I can fit in.

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Really wish I could..but alas..the skin is to sensitive

4. texquill

texquill Member

My long-suffering wife laughs her butt off at me when I find an excuse to shave for the second time in a day. She claims that I'm addicted to the Haslinger sandalwood shave soap I use.

She is SO wrong! The truth is that I"m addicted to the entire experience, from the pre-shave shower all the way to the decision about what ASB and cologne to use.:signs136

5. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

Really + 1 on the other Ken's answer.

If we go out in the eveing, or someone comes over I will shave again. My wife says I don't need to. But I want to! For the first time I enjoy shaving.

Of course I "have" to shave for work the next day.::angelic004.

I do however "tone down" the shave. Using a Tech and a mild blade, no ATG that sort of thing.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have done it in the past, but I can't any more--my skin is too sensitive.

7. Books

Books Active Member

3-4 times a week I have to. I do a 2 pass shave in the morning and a 3 pass at night when I have more time.

8. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

If I get a few new things at at time I'll start shaving twice a day.

When I got my latest brush (Rooney 3,1) along with some new creams and aftershaves, I was shaving twice a day for about two weeks. I had to cut it out, but I think I could get away with it.

9. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

When I was in basic training I had no choice. At 18 I had the kind of beard most guys can't grow before age 30. I carried a disposable razor in my right breast pocket and without fail just before chow each evening my TI would yell, "SlagleRock go shave". And I'd have to shave before I could eat.

Now that I have a choice I only do it on those "special" occasions. If my wife requests it or if we are having company that sort of thing.

More often than not it's the 0600 shave that does it for me for a full 24 hours.

10. ateace

ateace Member

Once a day is plenty for me and my face. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I'd have enough growth in the evening to be able to try.

11. rwb

rwb Member

i am so glade of this topic came up all this time i thought something was wrong with me for shaving 2 to3 times a day i used so much shaving soap i got to making my own so i get the smells i like real cheep.so now i can tell my wife i am not alone.

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Back in the days when I used an M3 every day, I would shave twice if we were going out for the evening or something. No ill effects. With a DE though, the one time I did try it, I wished I hadn't. If I know that's going to be necessary, I will shave WTG-only in the morning and save the serious shave for the evening.

Besides, I've gotten to the point where I look forward to the daily chore (yes, chore) of a DE shave about as much as I used to look forward to an M3 shave. That is to say, "well, I guess I have to go shave now."

13. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

That's gotta suck! I haven't gotten to that point yet. I still discover new things and enjoy it. Of course, I was a late bloomer. For the first year I didn't experiment with blades or razors which I have just recently started doing.

14. xChris

xChris Member

Once a day at most for me too. Any more is only tempting the bad things of shaving to happen. :(

15. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I would if I could, but, alas, there's not enough stubble to shave for a good 24 hours...:(

Jordan

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

My skin is too sensitive to handle a second shave in one day...

17. Leon

Leon Active Member

Mine too. I only shave every other day and still my wife still thinks I shave too often... Well, considering I only shaved once a week before starting this wet-shaving journey. :rolleyes:

18. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Really my beard is ready to shave right after 24 hours....36 hours it is perfect and usually when I can get the most comfortable and smoothest shave possible. I used to shave every other day with the M3 but hated every minute of it b/c of the tugging and pulling during the ATG passes. My face is weird I think?

19. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

I have on a few occasions, but when I do ,its WTG and 1 pass only. Once(just once) I did say after using a slant earlier in the day-my face came out tender, but the velva solved that!

marty

20. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Never have, but I think I could. I've only been into the DE thing for a couple months, so only recently have improved my technique enough I don't think I'd get too much irritation. I'd never even consider it with a M3. Of course, I'd have to plan it out, use a smooth blade and not go ATG on the first of those shaves.