How's Your Day? September 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Aug 31, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Hmmm...that's true. I guess what I meant is that between my Fitbit and my phone, time is always available to me. Wearing the pocket watch is more about style.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. SharptoothC

I am in SC as well. Wind and rain and some trees down due to saturation. We have been lick enough to keep power. Quite a few around us are without. Overall it has not been as bad as I expected.

TobyC likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I lined up tomorrow for a "Moving Day"-well, I'm staying here, but having some furniture moved here from my Mom's house: 2-seat Sofa, Bureau(for bedroom), end-table(next to sofa)and coffee table(in front of sofa).

4. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Had the lights "blink" a few times, but good so far, I've got about 30 ~ 35 inches of water standing on the back half of my yard though. :sad029: Stay safe my friend! :happy088:

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The movers got my Mom;s items into my apartment. Major achievement for my sister and me, but we still have lots to do. Mid to late October is our goal for putting her house on the market.

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The wildfires up here are just insane. Today one of my favorite places completely burned. :(

Also, today is the first day it has rained in about 2+ months. It is sooooo nice!

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Sorry to hear the park burned. Hoping you get plenty of rain and the fires contained/controlled/extinguished..

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife and daughter are out of town, I'm starving and the cats are sleeping. Eating like a teenager isn't very good.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Do they not have takeout in your area? ;)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yeah we do, lots and lots. I was thinking about getting some Vietnamese food, it's really lonely without my girls. I'm not sure what I'll do. :pot:

Erik Redd likes this.
  11. richgem

I can't help you with the loneliness but a nice bahn mi or pho get my recommendation.

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

So you cleaned the litter box? That's pretty lonely.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. richgem

Sharif Don't Like It. Clean the cat box. Clean the cat box. I mean, uh, Rock the Casbah.

macaronus, RyX and Erik Redd like this.
  14. SharptoothC

I ended up with one big branch on my fence off an oak tree and some leaves down. Lights blinked off once for about 15 seconds. Never lost cable. There were lots of power outages in the area and several road closures due to trees across them. A couple of friends had tree damage to homes but overall it was not as bad as some of our summer storms here. I am right on the Savannah River on the western side of the state. The coast had it a lot worse. Hope you didn't lose anything.

15. SharptoothC

Good pho can sure help the mood.

richgem likes this.
  16. SharptoothC

One friend did lose a family member who had a branch fall and hit him in the head.

17. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I'm in North Charleston, just far enough from the actual coast to miss a good bit of it. Shed got flooded, but I had gotten everything off the floor Saturday, so nothing lost there. Sorry about your fence, at least it wasn't your house! Does the Savanna River Site bother you, hope you're not too close to it, ya never know what they don't tell you!

18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Jason Couch from Summerville? I read about that, sorry for all concerned.

RyX likes this.
  19. SharptoothC

Actually no, he was from Abbeville. He was trying to help move a downed limb from the road and another fell on him as they were moving it.

20. SharptoothC

I am about 30 minutes from the site and have many friends who work there. We joke about it a lot, but there are 5 hospitals in the area...makes you wonder. I rarely venture any closer and I don't go in the river. Ever.

TobyC likes this.