Opopanax?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by JimR, Nov 4, 2008.

1. JimR

JimR Active Member

Hi guys. I was in the mall the other day, and my wife wandered into one of those "stuff for your house" shops, with cute little soaps and candy dishes and whatnot. They had a section of Essential Oils and France Oils and such, and I was perusing them when I found one oil (a French one, labelled "Extract du Fragrance") called "opopanax". It smelled FANTASTIC. Sweet and mild and slightly floral, very mild. I looked it up, and it's also known as "Sweet Myrrh".
    Are there any AS balms or lotions that include this scent? I imagine not, but man...it was really nice.

2. texquill

texquill Member

I haven't come across any ASBs or lotions, but Prada has a unisex fragrance called No8 Opopanax that might interest you.

3. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Opopanax? Sounds like some battle in the US Civil War! :happy102

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

That was Appomattox. Sheesh :D

5. apswartz

apswartz New Member

[of course it was] I thought this was the "Do you speak 4 year old?" thread.

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Didnt I already send youse guys your stuff ???

Appomattox?
    Priceless :happy102

7. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

8. Hi Jim,

I've ordered many times from these ladies, and yes, they do offer international shipping.

Maybe this will help with your confusion ( or add to it probably.....heh).

Oh, if you DO try some of those things, you should look around and see if something else catches your eye(nose). The fragrances are listed by 'notes', which is pretty handy.

Have fun,
    Martin

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Categor...Incense-and-Resinous-Notes/Opoponax-Note.aspx

Oh.........I'd also echo the other member who recommended Lucky Scent as another good source. They only offer their sample sizes in very small vials, which is why I don't usually buy from them, but the service has been good in the past. Nice thing about that site is all the reviews from people who actually wear the fragrances, which is a great resource.

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Hmmmmmmmmmm....I love that smell.:happy088

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks for the links guys! I'll look into those...