Pick out 5 razorock soaps.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by mikewood, Sep 25, 2017.

1. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I would like some advice on purchasing 5 razorock soaps. Yes, I know there are many fine soaps that are not made by razorock and it have used quite a few of them. But I really like the RR brand of soaps and they like me. Please also add a few words on the scent as I don’t know much about them. I as an example I like Italian Barber Amici with its warm spices, orange and greapfruit. but I also more complex scents like tabac Jeremy street and eucris. I would like to stay away from scents like XX. One’s seem to much like modern men’s fragrances. I am also allergic to sandalwood.

Thank you for all your help!
    mw

2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

My advice is to pick 5 Stirling soaps instead.

Enrico, jwr3265, jaxstraww and 2 others like this.
  3. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I don't know enough to pick five Razorock soaps, I do know P-160 should be one of them though. That is one great soap.

RaZorBurn123 and mikewood like this.
  4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

RazoRock Puros is my favorite. It's a deep humidor/pipe tobacco scent that I just love. I have the matching aftershave as well and use it often. Many like Tuscan Oud. I am not an Oud fan myself, but it seems one of their more popular ones, as does their Mudder Focker.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and mikewood like this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I would be sure Tuscan Oud is one.

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Don Marco is an amazing scent, bright and citrusy. Also Son of Zeus is also very nice, based on Terre D'Hermes. I know you said no cologne type scents but this one doesnt seem cologneish. Its dark and earthy, I describe it like composting oranges, cedar and pine dust.

7. SharptoothC

Again with the apt descriptions. Now I want this one, too.

8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

One Razorock soap which I really love is One X. Does that ever smell classy and elegant.

RaZorBurn123, mikewood and Linuxguile like this.
  9. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I've been interested in trying this, but I've never used an oud scented product before. It's cheap enough I suppose and I'm going to have to try it to see if I like it. I'm curious what is the scent like ? Woody, spicy ?

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I second the Tuscan Oud! Its fantastic! I also have tobacco but I know they changed the name. I can't remember what they changed it to

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. BigMark83

Puros ?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    All I have is XXX, and I really love it.

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The new What The Puck line is awesome! All three scents and performance rock. P.160. XXX. Heck they're all so good. Great price point, do your homework, read each description scent profile on Italian Barbers website.

14. BigMark83

P.160 Vs Cella in the scent department.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Great question. Cella IMO is a stronger scented and sweeter almond soap, with that said the new RR P.160 is easier on folks with sensitive skin. That could be a reason why I feel Cella has a stronger almond scent, both are great soaps.

Linuxguile likes this.
  16. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I prefer the scent of P-160. Cella has an off undertone, I think of it as a tallow scent, to my nose after lathering. Maybe it's just me though.

17. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Smdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. SharptoothC

Puros. Looooove it. The aftershave is beastly.