How do you DRINK your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Apr 6, 2012.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

So what should I ask for? I just picked up a part time job (something to do on weekends) at a store that has a Starbucks in the lobby but I've never cared for their usual brew. I like The Major, do they have something on tap that's comparable?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not really. It has quite a different aroma while roasting. Now let it rest a couple of days (called gasing. The roasted beans give off CO2, thus the need to rest in a bag with a one way valve - CO2 out, no air in) then grind it!

ColtJustice likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Caffe Verona— a darker roast, like the Major Dickenson from Peets, but not too dark and lightly sweet. It seems to hit the right chord with folks who are wary of Starbuck's darker roasts.

verona_wb_fy14_us.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    wristwatchb, Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Hmmm...will try it! I seriously never go to Starbucks, so is this something I can ask for and they probably got it brewing?

5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Almost always black, fresh ground, and preferably Ethiopian.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I drink coffee with my mouth.

Thus ended the thread.

7. ColtJustice

ColtJustice Well-Known Member

I like to home roast my own coffee. I can roast it to my tastes, and there is nothing fresher than fresh roasted, fresh ground coffee. It beats any gourmet coffee you can buy in a store.
    But I can't drink it black. I like a little bit of sugar and a splash of Irish Creme. Drinking it black gives me heartburn.

gorgo2 and HolyRollah like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Maxwell house with whole milk:) I feel so unsophisticated :eatdrink013:

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Home-roasting is the best if one wants the freshest beans at their finest in flavor and bloom! :happy088:

gorgo2 and ColtJustice like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm lazy and cheap, but that said I do grid my (store bought) beans in a 1930's Alexanderwerk coffee grinder. I throw those grinds in my Mr Coffee and enjoy my brew with a little 2% milf and sugar. If I'm short on coffee, I mix me some Nescafe an sit down to some fine coffee! :eatdrink013: Life's grand with some Nescafe!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Dansco and gorgo2 like this.
  11. ColtJustice

Absolutely! I used home roast every day and drank a pot all by myself at work. I would put it in a large thermos and take that. But I can't afford it like I used to, so I just do it once in a while as a treat. I'll roast a batch or two to last a week or so, then wait awhile to do it again. I had gotten out of it for a few years, but have since gotten back in.

gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  12. ColtJustice

:happy097::happy102::happy108:

13. ColtJustice

I'm not a fan of Charbucks overroasted coffee. I can drink it, but for the price, I can think of a lot better coffees I'd rather drink for less money. Like home roasted coffee. Sometimes they cost as much but taste a whole lot better. Just my opinion.

gorgo2 and Bama Samurai like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The air in Starbucks smells burnt.

gorgo2 likes this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Been using Harris Teeter's Kona beans (no idea who makes it for them but I'd like to), grind it at work in my Black and Decker unit, and it makes some really good coffee. The bag is so OILY when I open it and the aroma...wow.

wristwatchb likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I really didn't think I'd get a Keurig coffee machine, but I did. It's very convenient to make one cup servings, a lot fresher that way. Especially when using the coffee ground filter for the beans I grind. And if I'm in a hurry, K-cups by Great Value, Walmart, are pretty cheap. Already tried a couple, not bad really. Cool night light also...........

20171002_231256.jpg

wristwatchb, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I drink my coffee naked (under all my clothes).:D

gorgo2, Keithmax and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I go to Walmart and buy Community Coffee, it's in a red package so it might be communist. :signs002:
    [​IMG]

gorgo2 and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Cappuccino for me, made with Indian Mysore coffee and raw milk. Sure beats drinking it black like I did before.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    gorgo2 likes this.
  20. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I wish I saw this years ago, I have been doing all wrong.

Espresso or espresso macchiato made with dark dark roasted beans.

gorgo2 likes this.