Klarr Shaving Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by COMPNOR, Oct 2, 2017.

1. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

So what's the deal? They were mentioned in the 30+ Reviews thread, like a secret. And because I'm gullible and will fall for marketing, I'm always looking for the latest and greatest.

And are we talking Klar Kabbinet or Klar Seifen soap?

SHAVEWIZARD420 and RyX like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes.
    You must buy one of each.

:signs136:

Yehuda D and George X like this.
  3. COMPNOR

But Klar Kabbinet looks like it is no longer made...

Yehuda D and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That is correct. Klar Kabinett was a nice soap and I used a bucket load of it over about a 2 year period. It was inexpensive and worked well. I got burnt out on it and cut my last stick for PIFs. There wasn't a ton of chatter on the forums about it until it was discontinued. Then it became mythical unobtanium. If it was readily available at the $20 for half a kilo, then I would say go buy some and enjoy it. I would not pay a premium trying to hunt it down. Soap Commander Love was pretty close in scent and performance.

I haven't tried Klar Seifan. If it moves you, get a puck and give it a shot.

Yehuda D and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

While Klar Kabinett is no longer made Dusy Kabinett still is and I find it nearly identical in performance & scent, the only problem is there are no state-side vendors for it so it can be tricky to get.
    I haven't tried Klar Seifan either, but I enjoy the rose scented Kabinett.

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I managed to score a nearly unused tub of Klar Mandel (almond) through a trade. If you like the marzipan sweet almond scent of Cella, but would like more scent in a quintuple milled (extra dense & hard) puck I'd recommend giving it a try. The aluminum screw top can is small diameter at 2-5/8" by 1-3/8" tall. It's 110 grams / 3.85 ounces. I have seen several scents available on Amazon between $25-$29 each.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

BigMark83 and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My hard and fast rule is if a soap cost more than $3.50 an ounce, its has no place in my den. Free are always welcomed with open arms. :happy097:

TheFiveO, Shaver X and 178-bplatoon like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I understand you reasoning, and wouldn't think to try to change your mind. I will offer this thought - shave creams have water added that makes them easy to lather. Soft soaps are partially hydrated so they lather easily. Hard pucks are sometimes triple milled - mashed three times to squeeze the moisture out. This stuff is quintuple milled so you are buying soap with very little water.
    Klar has been in the soap making business since 1840. They have got it figured out. I'm not a stock owner, and received no free products. Just a happy shaver that scored a tub in a trade. If I ever finish mine, I'll try another scent.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Klar Kabinett is a good, but bit boring, soap. No experience with the other Klar soaps.

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I like Klar Kabinett. It is a decent soap with a lovely rose scent. And as mentioned above, Dusy Kabinett is more or less the same soap. The ingredient list are slightly different, but I do not notice any difference in use. In fact I have two large sticks in my den and I am not sure which one is Dusy and which one is Klar.

That being said it burns my face from time to time. It has given me the worst reaction I have ever gotten from a soap, but it has also given me no reaction at all. I do not know why and how. The Dusy works better in that regard.

I have 750g of the Klar and 600 grams of the Dusy, so if there is a difference I am sure I will find out eventually

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Yehuda D and RyX like this.
  11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never tried the Dusy but I have a big block of the Klar sitting around the house somewhere. I'm going to have to pull it one day, chop off a piece, put it into a container and give it a whirl. It's a damned good soap. It's also the only rosy-scented one I like.

RyX and Norseman like this.
  12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Klar Seifen is a good soap. I liked it. I remember it being pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. COMPNOR

It is like $30 over at West Coast Shaving.

Yehuda D likes this.
  14. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Ive tried Klar Seifin. Its OK, nothing special.

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

wow.... might as well order from Bill Neuman(Wm. Neumann&Co)...I trust Klarr is great-for that price.

Yehuda D likes this.
  16. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

You can buy it on Amazon for about $24.

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yea Klar Kabinett is no longer in production, but you could get Dusty Kabinett which is about 95% the same soap.

Have yet to try any Klarr products yet but do have a 100g block of KK that I have been meaning to try and because of this thread I will have to give it a shot soon.

Yehuda D, Norseman and COMPNOR like this.