The Haul: October 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very nice! :D

FaceScraper likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

What year is it? Looks nice!

SharptoothC and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It's a '48 - '50 Aristocrat. Just about all the gold is still there, but some lacquer loss, especially on the top of the doors. It shaves really well.

sdguero, Jayaruh, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wow! What a haul!

5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

He does have extremely fair prices. And he's a great guy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FaceScraper, RyX and George X like this.
  6. SharptoothC

You know the RAD is bad when you come home from the antique store with a couple of decent finds but you are feeling bad about the ones you left behind. There were two nice silver flare tip Super Speeds that I didn't get because I already have three. One Schick Krona I left because it was covered in paint. And one Micromatic I left behind because the cap was dented all over.

But I did bring the Schick Stick and the OC home today. I never find open Combs in the wild in my area. I have found three this month. I accidentally posted the other two in the September thread.
    Two Joris razors. One in Thuja and gold plated, one in Rosewood and Palladium. $30 for the pair.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I rarely find any type of razor in the wild in my area...there are the occasional pieces but somehow folks think their common razor or ratted out brush they have is something extremely rare as evidenced by the price tag.

Nice finds especially the a schick stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SharptoothC

It's been pretty slim pickings for a while. Now all of a sudden I am on a tear. I think word is getting out about me at the local shops, lol. There's one guy I refuse to buy from because he's at least double what he ought to be on everything. But the others come in pretty fair.

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Joris for $15?? Oh my.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

FaceScraper and SharptoothC like this.
  10. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I don’t haul much these days, but when I discovered the chinese Futur knock off available for less than the price of a pint, I just couldn’t resist.
    I don’t know why since I haven’t used the original Futur in 2-3 years. But then again, why not?

AAC8DA6D-D071-4C03-A361-56795045A1F7.jpeg

11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My wife's Lady Gillette has arrived! She is quite happy with it AND I get a couple of my razors back. Yes!

IMG_2688.JPG

12. SharptoothC

In an antique store. Pretty sure they bought an estate sale and had no idea what it was. They had two Joris and an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth. All of them stuck in ziplock bags with assorted blades and labeled $15 each. And a razor brush/stand. There was also a nice shave basin I just did not have space for. I knew what the EJ was so took a chance on the lot.

13. SharptoothC

These things actually shave pretty nicely. Aggressive, but good.

14. SharptoothC

Win win!

FaceScraper and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Thanks for telling me. I must admit that I wasn't too optimistic when I bought it, more curious, really.
    But now I look forward to shave with it, perhaps try to compare it with the original. I like the weight and balance of it, and it feels and looks like a quality item. Especially considering the price I paid for it.

sdguero, FaceScraper and SharptoothC like this.
  16. SharptoothC

I keep mine in rotation.

FaceScraper and Norseman like this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I get nice shaves from the Ming Shi...............

FaceScraper and Norseman like this.
  18. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Well I haven't been to the antique stores around here for a few years. Today I had to pick up my suit, only two towns over. I took Route 1 home to stop by the local antique stores. I went today not expecting anything, better to have no expectations than to be let down. I stopped at one and found a Slim for 6 bux and a cased Milord for 33. They are currently soaking in some nice hot soapy water. I've wanted both for awhile. Needless to say I do not need anymore razors for awhile. I am so happy, especially since the safety bars on the slim are perfect, as in neither one is crooked.

:bounce015::bounce017::happy093::love055:.

19. Jorvaljr

Congrats! Pictures are in order!

FaceScraper and RyX like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

I received a new to me Timeless! .68mm polished scalloped head and oc base. Thing is beautiful! Thanks to @Spud !
    IMG_8191.jpg

Drygulch, sdguero, preidy and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.